Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Question about leveling rear from stock

Old 10-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
Tenderfoot
joyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to beholdjoyotaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ken
joyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question about leveling rear from stock

I've been a guy who loves lifted trucks all my life, but I have nothing but respect for y'all slammin' your pickups. I know just as much if not more fab goes into your rigs as offroaders.

Since I've got a 5 lug reg cab, I've decided to embrace it's shorter stature but I'm a total newb with lowering. I like it the way it sits minus one thing. I'd like to leave the front stock and drop the rear just enough to make it level with the front and I wonder if there's a way to do so without ruining the trucks load cap.

Should I invest in a couple 2" drop blocks? How much is involved in installation? Would I need different shocks, brake lines, etc? My apologies if there's a thread already about this. I couldn't find anything like this in my search.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Mini Truckin'
Az lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to beholdAz lowtacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Seth
Az lowtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Well see what the bile other difference is and then Order blocks off of that measure from the ground to the fender. You will have to remove the tsock u bolts and to install the blocks hen install the after market u bolts and torque them to spec. There is a thread in this ection under 5 lug lowering for noobs that Brian did that's extremely helpful check that out