Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Comprehensive 5-lug 2nd gen lowering info.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #241
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCab2014 View Post
Im new to the forum and have read through all of the posts pretty much, but im not trying to do a hard slam or just barely drop by a half an inch. Im looking to run the factory wheels and tires and lower it to them. So about a 3.5 front and 4.5 back drop. My question, what would be the best parts to configure together to get the best mechanics and performace out of it, but yet not be an extreme build either?
mild drop for performance would be my build. SLammed would be brendoballs or phildammit
Old 08-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #242
SingleCab2014 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kerry
SingleCab2014's Tacoma Gallery
well thats what i was leaning towards since it is still my daily driver. Would a 3/4 be too much ya think?
Old 08-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #243
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCab2014 View Post
well thats what i was leaning towards since it is still my daily driver. Would a 3/4 be too much ya think?
3/4 on our trucks really isn't that aggressive of a drop you wont scrape unless its a really big dip or driveway but you should be perfectly fine. 3/4 will definitely give a much better stance than stock. if you plan on staying with a stock diameter size tire you will be okay no rubbing or anything. You will need to notch the frame unless you like riding on bricks. With the notch the ride will be as if factory. Id suggest upgrading the rear shocks to some drop shocks or even qa1 ajudustable ones, front struts upgrade to some Bilstien 4600s, Djm upper and lower arms and 4 inch blocks. DJM blocks are fine to use unless you want so real good quality then get street taco blocks. (You will be waiting several month before receiving them). If you want a 3.5/4.5. You can run 1/2" spindle spacers with your djm, and 4.5" blocks or a combo with 4x4 leafs and 3 inch blocks. Hope this helps out
Old 08-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #244
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
3/4 on our trucks really isn't that aggressive of a drop you wont scrape unless its a really big dip or driveway but you should be perfectly fine. 3/4 will definitely give a much better stance than stock. if you plan on staying with a stock diameter size tire you will be okay no rubbing or anything. You will need to notch the frame unless you like riding on bricks. With the notch the ride will be as if factory. Id suggest upgrading the rear shocks to some drop shocks or even qa1 ajudustable ones, front struts upgrade to some Bilstien 4600s, Djm upper and lower arms and 4 inch blocks. DJM blocks are fine to use unless you want so real good quality then get street taco blocks. (You will be waiting several month before receiving them). If you want a 3.5/4.5. You can run 1/2" spindle spacers with your djm, and 4.5" blocks or a combo with 4x4 leafs and 3 inch blocks. Hope this helps out
Don't trust him he knows nothing of tacomas lol nah, right there pretty much suggested drop is what I got minus the front spindle spacers. Which I have but don't have installed and if you really quanta do it right the first time just get coilovers for the front instead of the bilsteins and coils. That's what I i would do.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 AM   #245
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Don't trust him he knows nothing of tacomas lol nah, right there pretty much suggested drop is what I got minus the front spindle spacers. Which I have but don't have installed and if you really quanta do it right the first time just get coilovers for the front instead of the bilsteins and coils. That's what I i would do.
Agreed if you got the money chee