Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Comprehensive 5-lug 2nd gen lowering info.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #81
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
I can only imagine the price .......
I think they are perfect for a track lover even for those who want to be slammed but man I can just only imagine how much they are gonna cost is all
Quality ain't cheap
There is a giant group on xru already so I don't think they will be that bad.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #82
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
I see so shouldn't be too bad but dayum I still don't have money
Story of my life
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #83
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn, I would love to have some.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #84
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I see so shouldn't be too bad but dayum I still don't have money
Story of my life
Right I'm in the process of saving for body panels and rear suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Damn, I would love to have some.
I want adjustability
Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #85
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
omg want
Old 05-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #86
Peanut butter mini time

I want full motor rebuild over these:-(
Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #88
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
can order them online from like fastenal just make sure its grade 8 quality i believe factory bolts stamped 10.9 and fastenal sells them too
Old 05-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #89
Peanut butter mini time

Fastenal will only supply in small amounts. You will be better off ordering in person. Fastenal tends to screw up orders on occasion. Grainger and copper state will only order boxes. 10.9 is the correct grade in metric. I machine the spindle spacers. You want legit cut spacers or you going to go ghetto with washers?
Old 05-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #90
black09 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
black09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fastenal will only supply in small amounts. You will be better off ordering in person. Fastenal tends to screw up orders on occasion. Grainger and copper state will only order boxes. 10.9 is the correct grade in metric. I machine the spindle spacers. You want legit cut spacers or you going to go ghetto with washers?
Legit ones would be better imo how much to make a set shipped to 21921
Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #91
Peanut butter mini time

120 shipped, alum spacers, zinc washers, and corrected 10.9 bolts. What's size you want cut? I do .5 to 1.5
Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #92
black09 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
black09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
120 shipped, alum spacers, zinc washers, and corrected 10.9 bolts. What's size you want cut? I do .5 to 1.5
1.5 would be what id like to have
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #93
Peanut butter mini time

Ill pm u here in a bit
Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #95
Kbuitizon is on a distinguished road
Kbuitizon's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this in but I am currently running 3.5/4.5 (Professional install, notched) on my Tacoma and all I have installed on it is DJM 3/4 kit and Bilstein HD struts front and back.
I would really like to get my truck to 4.5/5.5, and I was going to buy spindle spacers and a bigger leaf spring spacer to achieve that. But I was recently told that getting spindle spacers in the front is not recommended unless I get new coils, which I did not want to spend another 200$ to get different coils.

Basically my question is what is the cheapest alternative I can do to drop another (1) inch in the front and back?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #96
Kbuitizon is on a distinguished road
Kbuitizon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is the right thread

But for starters if you ate running DJM 3/4 and bilsteins front and back the struts and shocks may be shorter than stock but they do not drop the vehicle .5"
Just saying haha
But second you can definitely run a spacer up front with your set up Whodatpopcorn is running 1" spacer for a 4" drop up front and 4.25" blocks out back
If you wanna sit 4.5/5.5 you can be like Phil which he is running DJM 3" up front with 1.5" spacers I believe which he makes
And 4" blocks and 4x4 leafs
I'd recommend finding some 6 lugged leaf springs to achieve the right drop height so u not stack blocks however with the spacer you will have camber no matter what!
You will be negative but depending on your spacer will determince your camber
I wouldn't suggest sobbing drop coils with DJM and have spacer cuz you will have insane camber and be slammed like 6"

Hope this helps out man!

I'm running XII performance drop coils and DJM up front
Lil over 5" drop up front my camber is about -.8 on each side which isn't that bad but it is still camber and will ware tires faster I have mines toe in just a lil for better tire wear
Runs straight and smooth
Thank you for the constructive response, however I just managed to come across a drop kit package that is being sold by XII http://www.xiiperformance.com/?page_id=1003
Could you check that out for me and tell me if it's alright?
What I really wanted to do is what whodatpopcorn did I guess. It seems to be the most cost efficient and simple.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #97
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, you can do the spacer without buying new coils.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #98
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know if you can take the stock sway bar from another Tacoma and mount it in the base model?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #99
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I'm the one that recommended he buy the stiffer stock height coils before doing the 1" spacers. Being that at 5" of drop up front he will want to be stiffer so as to not bottom out every where

and no K only 5 lug sway bars work. I bought a 6lug one once, it no worky.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #100
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I'm the one that recommended he buy the stiffer stock height coils before doing the 1" spacers. Being that at 5" of drop up front he will want to be stiffer so as to not bottom out every where

and no K only 5 lug sway bars work. I bought a 6lug one once, it no worky.