Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Comprehensive 5-lug 2nd gen lowering info.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #101
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post

and no K only 5 lug sway bars work. I bought a 6lug one once, it no worky.
Damn, well atleast it is money saved. Thank you Phil.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #103
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
-0.5" (base) or 0" (XR) Bilstein shocks.

The taller one is the driver's side to accommodate the weight of the gas tank.
This is why the infamous "Taco lean" is not overly prevalent on 2nd gens.

I think this information is incorrect. I've got new Bilsteins in my hand and the shorter shock, part #48540, is listed as the left shock, where as the longer shock, part #48530, is listed as the right shock. I.e., the shorter shock goes on the driver's side and the longer one goes on the passenger side.

Seems counter-intuative. The only thing I can figure is that because the gas tank is on the driver's side, Toyota made the shock a tad shorter so it doesn't bottom-out?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #105
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Anyone figure out how to relocate those damn e brake lines, I rub them majoooooor when I got my street bike in the back. Need a solution ;*(
My only solution involves me welding a bracket and zipties and I still haven gotten around to doing it as I'm saving up for the 2nd gen QA1 coilover kit
Old 07-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #106
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My only solution involves me welding a bracket and zipties and I still haven gotten around to doing it as I'm saving up for the 2nd gen QA1 coilover kit
Ah! So they are done making the coilovers? How much are they looking at? So will that make the front not so stiff lol. Interested in those too. Do they have any information on them yet? Damn wish I knew how to weld I'd do the same. Hoping I can figure somthing out.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #107
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Ah! So they are done making the coilovers? How much are they looking at? So will that make the front not so stiff lol. Interested in those too. Do they have any information on them yet? Damn wish I knew how to weld I'd do the same. Hoping I can figure somthing out.
Not done yet but close. Group buy is happening so price is still up in the air. Ride quality is all dependent on how you adjust them. Get on XRU in the djm vendor thread to keep updated.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #108
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
coilover for the front so can way lower than 3
Old 07-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #109
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
While coilovers are usually height adjustable, the main reason for getting them is performance. Even if XII's new coil overs are adjustable to 3", you'll still need a DJM kit to get your truck into alignment.

When I got Bilstein coilovers on my car, they definitely made me a believer in coilovers for performance. On our trucks, however, I really think the leaf springs in back are by far "the weakest link", so I personally am not going to spend hundreds of dollars to improve the front suspension only to have the back end still bouncing all over like a pogo-stick
Old 07-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #110
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
They are only adjustable up to two inches, but are worth it. Plan to ditch my 1inch spacers once I get these. Will also be gettin rid of my higher ppi stock height and almost new billys while ill at it. Then I'll 4link the rear and sell the 6lug leafs, blocks, and qa1s in the back
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #111
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
While coilovers are usually height adjustable, the main reason for getting them is performance. Even if XII's new coil overs are adjustable to 3", you'll still need a DJM kit to get your truck into alignment.

When I got Bilstein coilovers on my car, they definitely made me a believer in coilovers for performance. On our trucks, however, I really think the leaf springs in back are by far "the weakest link", so I personally am not going to spend hundreds of dollars to improve the front suspension only to have the back end still bouncing all over like a pogo-stick
Sounds like you have not adjusted your QA1s properly
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #113
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
Is there a 4 link setup yet for 2nd gens?
Nope
Old 07-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #115
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Sadness
Indeed
Old 07-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #117
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
I am guessing there isn't eve a 2-link
Nope, just blocks, notches, and QA1's
Old 07-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #118
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
I guess if our trucks were easy to lower it would take the fun out of it. lol
Old 07-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #119
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
I guess if our trucks were easy to lower it would take the fun out of it. lol
but it would be cheaper
Old 07-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #120
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but it would be cheaper