Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Street Truck.. 17s or 18s?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hot Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Looks damn sharp. Well done.

PreRunner bumper replacement?
Thanks I'm constantly watching the progress of your truck 'cause I planning on selling mine this Spring and beginning the mod journey all over again.

The lower front valance is a 4x4 valence, custom painted obviously. The metal part of the bumper is now chrome but I've apparently been too lazy to take pictures of my truck the past few years.

I personally love the Vossen 5-spoke wheels... I'd certainly love to find something similar for when I buy my new Taco (something that costs less than $500/wheel would be nice!)
Old 12-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
Hot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If the OP hasn't already seen it, there's a nice tire comparison tool on the Tacoma World web site:

tire calculator

Using that tool, I'm thinking that a 255/40R19 seems like a nice size for a second gen Tacoma. That overall size is nearly identical to the X-Runner's OEM 255/45R18's.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #23
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
If the OP hasn't already seen it, there's a nice tire comparison tool on the Tacoma World web site:

tire calculator

Using that tool, I'm thinking that a 255/40R19 seems like a nice size for a second gen Tacoma. That overall size is nearly identical to the X-Runner's OEM 255/45R18's.
19's? lol

Do you know how much tires cost for 19" rims? Ridiculous amounts of monies!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #24
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
couple important things to remember. If someone suggests a tire and you have an 01-04 and they have a 95-00.. your factory tire sizes are different and what will work for them will leave you showing about 10mph too fast. It's not fun. I suggest 18s because they wont look like gay ass cholo wheels and they wont look gay like 17s look no offense to 95-00 guys, you can use the smaller wheels and maintain a reasonable lo pro tire, 01-04 can't w/o kind of screwed up speedometers.

Since the s runner comes w/ a 55 series on 16 in wheels.. you can run a 235 45 18 which looks pretty damn nice and it's almost identical to stock
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #25
Quote:
19's? lol

Do you know how much tires cost for 19" rims? Ridiculous amounts of monies!
How do you figure? I'm guessing there are more 18" and 20" wheels available on the market, but there are quite a few 19's I wouldn't mind having at very reasonable prices... like this one for $170:

That's less than the X-Runner knock-offs if purchased new
Old 12-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Taco View Post
How do you figure? I'm guessing there are more 18" and 20" wheels available on the market, but there are quite a few 19's I wouldn't mind having at very reasonable prices... like this one for $170:

That's less than the X-Runner knock-offs if purchased new

Read what I wrote again.

I have two sets of XR rims, got them both for $400 from CL, argument invalid.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #28
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Read what I wrote again.

I have two sets of XR rims, got them both for $400 from CL, argument invalid.
I traded my xbox for my XR rims
Old 12-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #29
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I traded my xbox for my XR rims
I sold my PS3 for $300 so I could buy buckets.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #30
adaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shedadaptedtheory is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adaptedtheory's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
couple important things to remember. If someone suggests a tire and you have an 01-04 and they have a 95-00.. your factory tire sizes are different and what will work for them will leave you showing about 10mph too fast. It's not fun. I suggest 18s because they wont look like gay ass cholo wheels and they wont look gay like 17s look no offense to 95-00 guys, you can use the smaller wheels and maintain a reasonable lo pro tire, 01-04 can't w/o kind of screwed up speedometers.

Since the s runner comes w/ a 55 series on 16 in wheels.. you can run a 235 45 18 which looks pretty damn nice and it's almost identical to stock
thanks man
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #31
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's like the 3rd rarest 2001-2004 Tacoma.

Looks damn sharp. Well done.

PreRunner bumper replacement?
I agree, well done! and out of curiosity what are the 1st and 2nd rarest?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
I agree, well done! and out of curiosity what are the 1st and 2nd rarest?
1st rarest would be a step side S-Runner. VoodooTrip has one, and it's supercharged.

2nd rarest would be the base model 5 lug with V6 that isn't an S-Runner. Speed Freek has one; but then he put a Chevy V8 in it after his V6 blew. haha