Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Worried about clearance after lowering.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Timmy The Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Wayne
Timmy The Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Worried about clearance after lowering.

I have a 6 lug 2008 I am planning on lowering it using the Tundra racing kit. My concern is will I have enough clearance in the front wheels.

I have the TSS package rims on it current tire size is 265/50/r20.
has anyone run into any problems lowering their truck with this size tire or larger? I used the search feature and found very few lowering post dealing with 6 lug trucks.

Also, does anyone make any after market shocks that wouldn't increase ride height? Thanks all.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Torspd is running 275/40/20 and I believe he is using the tundra racing drop kit. Shoot him a PM, he should be able to help you out.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #3
A comfortable ride is for chumps
Athlaos is on a distinguished road

Name: Athlaos
Athlaos's Tacoma Gallery
I may send torspd a message as well, I have been mulling over lowering my truck. I have 275/55r20 and they rub at stock height, but only a little during tight turns.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlaos View Post
I may send torspd a message as well, I have been mulling over lowering my truck. I have 275/55r20 and they rub at stock height, but only a little during tight turns.
Because that is just about a 32" tire on a stock suspension...