Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

2nd gen DJM help

Old 12-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen DJM help

How did you guys remove the rivits that hold the stop bump stops to the frame? Trie drilling which wouldnt work for the bottom ones and a cut off wheel didnt work either. Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I grinded the heads down till they were almost gone then smacked them out with a mallet and brass punch.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What do i do if they just wont come out? I cut off one part of the bracket so that it's just the rivit and the frame, used a air hammer didnt work, used the bit and a fairly big hammer, not moved it, put a hole through it, nothing. What am i supposed to do now??
Old 01-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
what part are u talking about, i dont think i ever did this on my drop hmmm lol
To cut the notch you have to remove the factory bumpstops in the rear. Well mine are riveted the the frame, which wont push out. Even hitting the rivet directly with a sledge hammer it dosnt move
Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
oh i see i didnt do the notch because here in hawaii they wont allow it. which sucks!!! i want mine slammed but without the notch its kinda impracticle. i reccomend getting after market springs that are stiff like somthing the xii performance sells. the front wont bottom out so easily with those
Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #7

Yeah and without the notch i cant sit all the way down, so im SOL right now