1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Street truck noob! Wanna help me get a new toy?

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by RacerAV, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    RacerAV

RacerAV [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    So, I'm selling my 09 4x4 DCSB, built it up quick, but have decided on a new Raptor. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...orsale-09-4x4-dcsb-part-out-lots-goodies.html

Before you fling that shit ... haha

I love TW SO MUCH that I want to buy an old school pick up, make it my little street racer type of thing.

I know little of street trucks...

I like the bubble hood on the 91-94's I believe they are... just called "pick ups" right? Been looking around craigslist and man, theres a lot of crap out there!

Price, eh, less than $5k or so. Just got engaged (meaning I just spend a @#$% ton of $$$ on a ring, haha), buying a new house, and I'm not even in the country right now, wont be for a few more months when I'm back for vacation. SO, just looking for a cheap*ish toy. I still have my Tacoma, but when it sells, I don't want to be without a vehicle! Waiting (hoping) for a 2014 EcoBoost Raptor... till then... eh...

I'd actually like to build this new street truck up, make it something autocross/road race worthy. So, with that in mind, where should I start? Would a Toyota "pick up" be a bad idea?

Thanks fellas! (new group of friends, haha)

Adamo

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. Mar 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    RacerAV

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    no thoughts? hate me for my lifted tacoma? haha...

I've emailed BeefedTaco/Streetacos with some ideas... excited to get this started!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  3. Mar 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    RacerAV

Member:
    OC, CA
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCSB4x4 (sold)
    What would I have to do to get a 91-94 pickup to accept a nice set of coil overs all around? Is that even possible? Or just stick to leafs in the rear, not worth the effort?

Products Discussed in

To Top