1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upper A Arms - Need measurements

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by 07TacoRidah, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Jul 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    So I have been in the middle of fixing some b.s. in the life and now have some time to take care of things. can anyone measure their upper arms for me? I measured mine and the fronts (toward the front bumper) came out to 10.5" long - from eye to ball joint center, and the rears came out to about 11.5" long (same). Not sure if this is correct either - distance between bushing is about 12.75"/13.0" ?? Did a quick measurement in a parking garage ... didn't have space to do any real measuring :(

does this sound about right to anyone? Anyone that has access to upper arms for a 2nd gen please to verify for me if possible. thank you. :cool:

2. Jul 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for... hopefully the photo below helps. Are you thinking that someone modified your A-arms? The arm measured below has an "R" on it, I'm guessing that means it's the passenger side (Right)? One arm is longer than the other... I'm measuring the longer arm in the photo.

[​IMG]

3. Jul 14, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    lol nah, nothing like that. I'm building some upper arms, need the measurements of the arms so that i can add in what ever extra inches I need to fix my camber. I also measured the pass side of mine too. The front arm sleeve (what they call it) is toward the front bumper, and the rear is toward the cab. As far as I know it's usually different sizes (like the front is one inch shorter or so from the rear), but need to make sure. I'm not that good with the small increments, I'm more of a whole inch and the semi small increments like 0.5" and so on.

and then I'll post pictures on how I got my drop (as well as fixing the camber - been seeing weird stories here and there about DJM arms ... not good :( - felt I should just make my own).

AArm.jpg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. Jul 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
  5. Jul 15, 2013 at 4:33 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    I was looking into doing the same to help bring my camber a lil better but mainly to help give clearance for my control arm to stop touching my coil it makes a horrible creek when it wacks it

I'll be following this thread!:)

6. Jul 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    keeping updated - I found places to get the parts from, hopefully with this next paycheck I can start ordering in some of the main parts and get to the others another time.

From the looks of the picture provided by Hot Taco - one arm/rod w/e they call it (will find out .. eventually lol) comes out to 10.75" (just round to nearest inch which is 11" long). Need to get the other side (the shorter arm/rod w/e length) and I will be set on what sizes to get (have to compensate for the extra inch(s) needed from my drop for total length needed - from the research, you can get about 3.5" of adjustment space from these).

I know you can get the middle rods at any length, they do this kind of thing with trailing arms/panhard bars/etc. on muscle cars and they have v8's and above in them, so I am assuming that v4 is NOTHING to these.

7. Jul 16, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    Is this the other measurement you're looking for? (Same arm, shorter side)

[​IMG]

8. Jul 17, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PERFECT!!!!! :cool:

from here, you see where the ball joint center is and the "eye" of the bushing is (you get an idea where it is and what # it lines up to - which is 9" on the dot). AND WOW!!! I WAS WAYYYY OFF :mad::( #smh

so one side is 9" long and the other should be 10" long (just rounding off really). Adding in my drop which is 28 3/8" (from 30 7/8" when I started), 2" and then some ... this is where I hate math lol.

9" length + 2" drop = 11" sleeves for one side
    10" length + 2" drop = 12" sleeves for other side

"should" compensate for the drop, and the 3.5" room for adjustment will take care of the camber (which I measured for as well - taped a string with a nickle on it onto the fender and measured how far the rims is from that - rears came out to not even an inch. the front is about 2.25" away (factoring in about 1" for offset - I get 1.25" of camber) ... A LOT of weird measuring huh :p:D (wish I had bought an angle finder when I had the chance).

I pray this isn't confusing anyone :confused:

BIG UPS TO HOT TACO for taking the time to measure and take shots. MUCH APPRECIATED !!

erm.jpg

9. Jul 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    sent out an order right now for the clevis and ball joint collar (VERY important pieces - going with a small screw in ball joint application). Next in line will be the bars and then heim joints (not sure what size the OE bolts for the arms are yet) also need spacers.

EXCITED!!!!! will post shots of parts when they come in. :D

10. Sep 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    What did you combine to achieve 2.25" drop up front
    Alignment shouldn't be thrown off too far I believe
    But arms would help for sure if that off

11. Sep 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    I just don't see how ur camber can be so far off for such a small drop I know you factored in the fact the x runner coil dropped u somewhat but u pretty much have a x runner front suspension now with them coils and struts
    Adding the tundra racing kit I got friends with same kit as you are running without much issue

Which is the reason why I asked what else u combined but I guess u didn't combine anything else
    Raise the UCA higher to compensate

That's my solution
    Do what pleases you

12. Sep 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    imo I would just get adjustable uca's. reason is that you can get 3" or so to adjust for camber and with the camber your getting ... (can't be as bad as mine), you will be able to adjust/correct it like nothing. What is happening up top is that since the arm is short, it's pulling the top of the rim inward. what you want to do is push the top of the rim outward enough so that it matches the bottom - ergo MY reason for using adjustable uca's. I have about 2 degrees or so of neg camber on mine from the drop that I did, so all I need to do is push the top out some that it matches with the rears.

13. Sep 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
    Brendo Ballz808

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    If love to have em I just don't got the skills to create em
    I don't know how to weld and if I were to learn my first thing want be to create adjustabes and I've talk to a few pplocal shops and they know it's possible just I don't feel like paying half my body to get it done which is why I'm leaning towards the relocating it higher sat least it will level the UCA out instead if my steep ass angle I currently have giving me clearance from the coil and correcting the camber at the same time in some point in time I'd love to have adjustabes

14. Sep 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    Maybe the truck is just gay like the owner. Yah I think that's it :)

15. Sep 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    Oh and since ur asking for advice and talking shit again isn't it weird how brendo has made his drop work without issues (tremendously lower then yours) and you can't even manage to put in an exhaust system or get a 2 inch drop to work. Maybe its time to find a new hobby or stick to changing oil. Supposably u can manage that. But time will tell lol

16. Sep 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    tacoma22

tacoma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma lowered on 22s
    djm 3-4, front stock xii coils and billy's, rear 6 lug leafs and qa1s, x runner wheels, tinted windows, painted mirrors, door handles, tailgate handle and hood squirters, shortened antenna, heated leather seats, debadged, remote start, fog lights.
    here is a possible option michigan metal makes, i know its on a bagged truck but it might work on a non bagged ive dealt with them on two previous trucks and he might could make them shorter or longer. this is not my truck or my work just a pic i had

[​IMG]

17. Sep 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    tacoma22

tacoma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma lowered on 22s
    djm 3-4, front stock xii coils and billy's, rear 6 lug leafs and qa1s, x runner wheels, tinted windows, painted mirrors, door handles, tailgate handle and hood squirters, shortened antenna, heated leather seats, debadged, remote start, fog lights.
    he sales them adjustable or non adjustable and he can powdercoat them any color. Sorry if I sound like a salesman its just he has always been very helpful. Don't qoute me but I think adjustable was 599 and non was 499

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  18. Dec 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Got an update on my arms. As of now i have the arms, just waiting on the balljoints. The ones i got eere defective, so i had to return them and have them on back order.

19. Dec 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    How they look

20131212_163034.jpg

20. Dec 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top