1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What makes a street truck a street truck?

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by neontrail, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Jun 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    Slick Nick

Slick Nick Taco-addicted

Member:
    Vista, Ca
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    Lots
    Your obviously confused about what a street truck is as well...:D

They dont jump speed bumps, they drive around them duh :rofl:

2. Jun 15, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    a street truck is any truck that mainly sees highways bi-ways and driveways....

thought of that all by my self :D

3. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    Astar312

Astar312 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amanda
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    9" 5% front window strip, tailgate light bar, pulled off TRD stickers, removed mud flaps, blacked out tail lights very soon. There's a lot more coming, this is just the beginning.
    lol..that's gonna be me someday minus the 6" lift.. Never had the desire to go offroading but I love all the extra chrome. I have the 4x4 but she's always gonna be a street truck to me, although I plan on adding the nerf bars and maybe the bull bar someday (among other things). Just like the look, doesn't have to be functional for me. Might sound like a waste to some of you but that's a bit of my ADHD personality coming through to my truck. I can tell ya that she's gonna be confused parked next to other trucks with one distinct personality but she's *my* confused truck :)

All that really matters is that you're happy with your own truck. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about her, even if she looks crazy. That goes for off roading trucks that only hop mall curbs too. They're like their own unique breed.

4. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    A "street" truck is designed to fit into a performance category where it is designed to be used for strictly that. Street performance. (Ex. Srt10, Lighting, Syclone, etc) The term street is not the correct term as it is not a street truck but a sport truck. Just as there is rally cars there is a sports cars category. We each have categories and fit into each one properly. Now as far as performance goes this category may vary as it can be used for suspension, hp, etc..... These modifications are strictly for street applications though. As most of you guys are just trying to see it as a strict looks performance we (xrunners) have a bit more modifications than a standard tacoma does. We have what they call an x-brace from which is where our infamous X-runner name came from. The x-brace is to help tighten up the entire frame to prevent it from flexing and be able to stick to the ground better. Our "street" trucks aren't just for looks but also handle and perform better than a standard truck on the streets. Not trying to bash on any of the standard or off road trucks but that is where we are derived more for streets than off road. :)

5. Jul 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    JudeLeBlanc

JudeLeBlanc Active Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Single Cab PreRunner SR5
    Weather Techs
    Hamer95USA likes this.
  6. Jul 25, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Just to clarify its kinda a dead thread, but I have a supercharger on a lifted semi "offroader-er" truck

7. Jul 26, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    005Tacoma

005Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Thomasville, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma
    The go around part is after just going through the car wash lol
    Here in Macon there aren't any dirt roads and you have to drive 100+ miles one way to find a good mud hole. Soo I guess that puts me into the street truck class. Even tho I have bigger tires than stock I guess thats more room to clear the pavement LOL

Products Discussed in

To Top