Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

How low can i go without notching

Old 09-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
midori is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
midori's Tacoma Gallery
How low can i go without notching

ive searched and cant find a definitive answer as to how low i can go and still retain suspension travel before notching the frame is necessary.

im not scared to do it, in fact i considered having it done before anything else as done but if i dont have to with a 3/4 drop im not going to. i know the DJM 3/4 kit comes with notch brackets and this is what makes me curious.

anyone have some honest insight/experience into this?
Old 09-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to post more info about the truck you have.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
midori's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, and i thought about that a little after posting haa

I have a 2010 Base 2WD

looking at the rear suspension it looks like theres a decent amount of room between the rear axle and the factory bump stops
Old 09-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You can PM a guy named Phildamnit on here. He's got a lowered 2nd gen and I don't think he notched it. Sits good.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
bishop68 is on a distinguished road
Name: b
bishop68's Tacoma Gallery
5" drop is the lowest you can go on the rear with low pro bump stops....how do I know!?..I got a 5" beefed block on my 2013 base 5 lug taco rides rough but she aight.. Finally made a decision to notch so going lower in a week or so (4" djm block and a leaf pulled)
Old 09-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #7
midori's Tacoma Gallery
AWESOME! I want to do the DJM kit after winter. I think that will be a good place to start then it will be easy to go lower in the future if need be
Old 09-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
You can PM a guy named Phildamnit on here. He's got a lowered 2nd gen and I don't think he notched it. Sits good.
is he still around? haven't seen him post in months..
Old 09-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #9
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 3 inch block and was bottoming out everywhere. I'm sure 3in with QA1 shocks should be sufficient as long as you dont plan on putting anything in the bed lol
Old 09-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
e.deCastro is a name known to alle.deCastro is a name known to alle.deCastro is a name known to alle.deCastro is a name known to alle.deCastro is a name known to alle.deCastro is a name known to all
Name: Eric
e.deCastro's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3" block and bottom out with nothing in the bed. I'm waiting for my notch from streetacos.com and pulling a leaf for 6" drop. can't go without a notch really.