1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

X Brace for the 09 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by Ty's Taco, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Jul 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    Ty's Taco

Ty's Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner SR5 Sport Pearl Black
    Ask visa or my wife. They both constantly remind me how much I've got left to spend.
    I'm currently working on my 09 prerunner to make it a larger version of the x-runner and needed some info about the x-brace. I needed to know if the x runner x-brace will fit the 09 tacoma and since I have the sports package with the tow hitch on it would it need to be removed. I have seen on some of the other forums that the 04 and older trucks you can run both but wanted to know before buying an x-brace and it not fitting.

2. Jul 19, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    Ty's Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Ask visa or my wife. They both constantly remind me how much I've got left to spend.
  3. Jul 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    The X-Brace (which gave the X-Runner its name) arrived with the 2005+ generation. Toyota offered a particular hitch that would work with the X-Brace. The question is whether the hitch you have is that particular one.

There have been scattered reports of aftermarket hitches that will work with the X-Brace.

4. Jul 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM
    Ty's Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    thanks for the heads up on the info. I think I may just go with a sway bar instead since the x- brace is so had to find and someone on the xrunner site said that it needed some welding to install.

5. Jul 24, 2009 at 3:41 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i thought i saw somewhere that the x-brace fits with the stock tow package...and some aftermarket hitches have problems :confused:

idk though...just finding them is the problem...

6. Jul 24, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    EnolaGaia

EnolaGaia Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest USA
    Vehicle:
    '01 & '04 S-Runners
    01 SR: Double Cab conversion, S/C, lowered.
    When the 2005+ generation arrived there was only one hitch that would work with the X-Brace, and it was a particular Toyota accessory hitch.

Since then, some aftermarket manufacturers have designed hitches that'll fit up with the X-Brace.

7. Aug 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    steveh_2007

steveh_2007 Pro Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    NW Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    TRD Baja Suspension, FN Wheels BFD, TRD Cat-back Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD GrillCraft MX Grilles, FX-R 3.0 Bi-Xenon Retrofit with Osram CBI Bulbs, OEM Navigation/Bluetooth/Backup Camera Retrofit, WeatherTech Floorliners, Valentine One, ScanGuage II with custom V1/SGII BlendMount
    pretty late... but let us know if you were able to make the X-brace work.

Products Discussed in

To Top