Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

X Brace for the 09 Tacoma

Old 07-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
Ty's Taco's Tacoma Gallery
X Brace for the 09 Tacoma

I'm currently working on my 09 prerunner to make it a larger version of the x-runner and needed some info about the x-brace. I needed to know if the x runner x-brace will fit the 09 tacoma and since I have the sports package with the tow hitch on it would it need to be removed. I have seen on some of the other forums that the 04 and older trucks you can run both but wanted to know before buying an x-brace and it not fitting.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Ty's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud ofTy's Taco has much to be proud of

bump
Old 07-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
The X-Brace (which gave the X-Runner its name) arrived with the 2005+ generation. Toyota offered a particular hitch that would work with the X-Brace. The question is whether the hitch you have is that particular one.

There have been scattered reports of aftermarket hitches that will work with the X-Brace.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #4

thanks for the heads up on the info. I think I may just go with a sway bar instead since the x- brace is so had to find and someone on the xrunner site said that it needed some welding to install.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaGaia View Post
The X-Brace (which gave the X-Runner its name) arrived with the 2005+ generation. Toyota offered a particular hitch that would work with the X-Brace. The question is whether the hitch you have is that particular one.

There have been scattered reports of aftermarket hitches that will work with the X-Brace.
i thought i saw somewhere that the x-brace fits with the stock tow package...and some aftermarket hitches have problems

idk though...just finding them is the problem...
Old 07-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
When the 2005+ generation arrived there was only one hitch that would work with the X-Brace, and it was a particular Toyota accessory hitch.

Since then, some aftermarket manufacturers have designed hitches that'll fit up with the X-Brace.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
One Bad Mother
steveh_2007 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
steveh_2007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to steveh_2007
pretty late... but let us know if you were able to make the X-brace work.