Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

QA1 coil overs and some Beefed parts

Old 08-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
QA1 coil overs and some Beefed parts

Us guys with 95.5-04 mini's discovered that the QA1 racing coil overs for the 67-69 Camaro's are "almost" a direct bolt in for the front. I offer a custom plate for this. I'm doing a QA1 rear forward facing 4 link on my friends s-runner, and thought I'd show a few pictures. I'm building the parts from my truck to speed things up a bit since right now it's a once a week wrenchathon when we meet every Saturday and that doesn't make for a speedy install. These are the rear crossmembers. This entire kit is going to be bolt on. The first & 2nd pic is for the front.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:47 AM   #2
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I bolted this stuff up to Chris' truck today and added the front mounts on the c/m and V brace.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Taco Vending Machine

Here are a couple updated pictures. The next time you see this stuff it'll all be painted and ready for install.

Beefed bolt on coil over cross member & rear V Brace kit *unpainted*

Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
PhilC is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
PhilC's Tacoma Gallery
How much do the QA1's lower the front? and did you custom fab the brace in the back? Nice work!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
Taco Vending Machine

The front lower the truck about 3" when using my arm plate. The ride height is adjustable by turning the sleeves on the shock. The shock is also adjustable by turning a knob. It's the most performance geared mod one can do to the front of these trucks. 10 times better than any coil and quality shock. These are the plasma cut plates needed for mounting the QA1's on the front.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
PhilC is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
PhilC's Tacoma Gallery
That is awesome! how much did you find the QA1's for? and how much are you talking to do the front install? and the back? I really want to go for a 3frt and 4rr drop not sure
Old 08-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
Defector
VooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud ofVooDooTrip has much to be proud of

Navy: AT2 (AW)
VooDooTrip's Tacoma Gallery
The 10in spring for a V-6 will drop you about 3in. with a 4cyl I highly suggest the 8in spring. That will give you a better rate of adjust ability to about a 5-6in drop. The back is going to be able to be from a 4in to whatever you can imagine as long as you have a notch.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
Taco Vending Machine

Hey PhilC, you can also do my 3/4 kit....it's 10 times cheaper than the DJM and 100 times higher quality. It also comes with upgraded u-bolts for $14 more. PM me for details.