Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Finally got the exterior of the truck done

Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
PatheticJoe will become famous soon enough

PatheticJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got the exterior of the truck done

Just like the title says, I finally added the last piece to finish the exterior. All total it has the Grillcraft black mesh grill, blacked out headlights, debadged, black Westin nerf bars, a couple window stickers, and finally a set of Status Dystany S802 20x9 wheels with Yokohama Parada Spec X 285/50R20 tires. Only took me 2 years and 9 months! The wheels are based off this thread from Yonkpo, who I think you guys ran off. I PM'd him a few times and ended up buying the same wheels in a 20" instead of 22". I love the look of the truck and there is no doubt it's all street truck. The black inserts keep the wheels from being to bling-bling and the 285/50s tuck in there perfectly and give the truck just the wide stance and look it needs. Totally thrilled with how it all came together. And now the pictures.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome man. Good job!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #4

Thanks Guys!

Forgot one picture.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Never done. Get some dual pipes =]
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, may i suggest taking off the mud flaps.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
frozen_taco will become famous soon enoughfrozen_taco will become famous soon enough

frozen_taco's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man, good to see somethin different on here, you can always tint the tails too that would look good.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Looks good man, may i suggest taking off the mud flaps.
Never even considered it, I might try it next summer though once the rain stops for another 5 months. Found this on wikipedia, of course I break the law everyday so it wouldn't stop me but was interesting.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_mud_fl..._in_California
Old 11-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Never done. Get some dual pipes =]
That's a good idea, I'll have try and find a picture of a Prerunner with them and see how it looks.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look, kind of subtle but you know a lot of thought went into it. Great truck.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I love the truck I think the mudflaps take away from it though
Old 11-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
That's a good idea, I'll have try and find a picture of a Prerunner with them and see how it looks.
Found one: LOOKS GOOD!

Old 11-06-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatheticJoe View Post
Never even considered it, I might try it next summer though once the rain stops for another 5 months. Found this on wikipedia, of course I break the law everyday so it wouldn't stop me but was interesting.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_mud_fl..._in_California
"27600. No person shall operate any motor vehicle having three or more wheels, any trailer, or semitrailer unless equipped with fenders, covers, or devices, including flaps or splash aprons, or unless the body of the vehicle or attachments thereto afford adequate protection to effectively minimize the spray or splash of water or mud to the rear of the vehicle and all such equipment or such body or attachments thereto shall be at least as wide as the tire tread. This section does not apply to those vehicles exempt from registration, trailers and semitrailers having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds, or any vehicles manufactured and first registered prior to January 1, 1971, having an unladen weight of under 1,500 pounds. "

you can take off the front mud flaps
Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I feel sorry for people in California!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #15
not just a one trick pony
Haze will become famous soon enough
Haze's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck.. and yes the cali laws suck.. i'll never live there..
Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
YotaComa is on a distinguished road
YotaComa's Tacoma Gallery
I've lived in CA all my life. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for not having mudflaps.

In Kentucky it is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #17
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaComa View Post

But not illegal to get freaky with your cousin!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice bud!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaComa View Post
I've lived in CA all my life. I've never heard of anyone getting a ticket for not having mudflaps.

So I really paid attention to mudflaps all day yesterday and today and I'd say easily 70% of trucks and large SUVs don't have mudflaps. I saw like 8 dodge rams without any and a few chevys and a bunch of tahoe/expedition types. So first chance I get the flaps are gone.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the offset on those wheels?