Notices

supercharger

Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
TACOMAJESSE is on a distinguished road
TACOMAJESSE's Tacoma Gallery
good idea, power of a tundra in a smaller truck platform
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
very good idea...
Old 11-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't mind spending the cabbage on it, and the gas after you install it.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_G13 View Post
what does it do to the gas milage?
Maybe a 1 to 2 mpg drop, depending on how you drive.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Maybe a 1 to 2 mpg drop, depending on how you drive.
It is very dependent on your driving habits.

For cruising I went from 17-18mpg to 18-20mpg (depending on cruising speed).
Old 11-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
It is very dependent on your driving habits.

For cruising I went from 17-18mpg to 18-20mpg (depending on cruising speed).
Very true. I had no loss in mpg when I SC'ed my first gen.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
When my truck was supercharged, it really did depend on driving habbits, but if you dont get in hte gas all the time, the fuel milage doesnt go down much at all maybe a mile or two.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #12
side not, check the for sale section i have mine for sale, a lot less green then a new trd s/c.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Don't you also have to run premium grade gas with the S/C?
yup
Old 03-25-2014, 02:34 AM   #15
cactuseater is on a distinguished road
cactuseater's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard of mileage actually increase because of the elimination of gear searching at cruise on highways that have hills. My wife's '14 4Runner is a dog in this respect, floors the gas pedal to navigate a small hill in cruise. My '14 Tacoma does the same but not as often since it is lighter. I am planning on adding the TRD Supercharger kit to the Tacoma. Would have when buying it but the cost to value ration would have been too large for TFS to accept it. One thing I do see different, this year Toyota is allowing the truck to be sold WITH the supercharger in the buyer's order. That allows the whole thing to be financed together if anyone is interested. I'm paying for mine separately - can't see shelling out the extra money - after it's all paid the $4900 kit cost almost $8 thousand. Better off buying it within the first 5K miles and have the dealer thro it on with the warranty. I believe if done right, horsepower and torque numbers can give you better mileage than some econo-boxes. My Z06 Corvette is getting 29.5 mpg right now on the highway at cruise set for 65. That's not too shabby for 580 horses. I always see when I get the underpowered heavy vehicles the gear searching and higher revs always eat up more fuel that something that can actually hold the speed setting without having to gear search and punch the gas to climb a short hill.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #16
WOODEX M.E. is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
WOODEX M.E.'s Tacoma Gallery
I have the supercharger and I have noticed no drop in fuel economy during my daily commute. The only time it is worse is if I am driving agressivly (which makes sense). Or towing. When I tow my 20' boat I get 8.4 highway.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #17
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
I have been saving the $ for this ultimate upgrade, but I still have a long way to go