Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

XR bumper on base taco?

Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
XR bumper on base taco?

Is it possible to take the front bumper off a regular cab taco and in its place put a Xrunner bumper? if so where can i find everything i need in one package?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
If you are interested in the body kit, there is a company that makes the body kit in fiberglass but for extended cab model, so it has to be modified to fit regular cabs. It has been done before, there are pics in my gallery. Get ready to spend around 1.5K. I saw the kit a few weeks ago on ebay. also saw on ebay a few of the OEM parts of a wreked X-Runner body kit.

The X-Runner bumper and ours is the same, but theirs have some holes where the lower pieces snap on, yes you could swap a X-Runner bumper with yours, but you may not need to since you could modify yours to fit the lower pieces.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sounds great, is there a thread that shows how to modify the base tacoma so that it will accept the body kit? thank you for enightening me. the wings west bodykit looks terrible to my eye. but that's my opinion
Old 01-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen any topics in how to make it accept the OEM body kit, its going to require some work but Im sure it can be done. So far I've only seen three reg cabs with the body kit, a Silver, White and Red truck. Red one looks best I will try to find a pic.

Edit here it is:
Old 01-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
If I remember correctly it was from Hawaii too
Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 AM   #8
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
No, Im pretty sure it was white, there was only one pic of it.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:20 AM   #10
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Dagum.... The red and silver ones are SEXY!!! I may buy me one now...
Old 01-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #11

the picture of that red taco is what i've been needing to see. i didn't know where the sideskirts needed to be cut. i'm thinking about painting the bodykit black to compliment the silver for mine. i'm gonna do some sketches and post them to get some opinions from the guys on here.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #12
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post
I haven't seen any topics in how to make it accept the OEM body kit, its going to require some work but Im sure it can be done. So far I've only seen three reg cabs with the body kit, a Silver, White and Red truck. Red one looks best I will try to find a pic.

Edit here it is:
wow, I just realized this red taco has RX8 rims.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That red one looks really good!!! It would be super sweet to see that with a supercharged V6 in it.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ever found out where to get the kit and how to modify it?
Old 02-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
imo the parts for the front like the bumper, fenders, back bumper and fenders are easy. I mean you can literally just swap parts with an XR like nothing, BUT if your putting them on a SC, you would have to chop the side pieces down to fit accordingly (AC's lol not much difference at all, simple swapping period).
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #16
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
wing west i think
Old 02-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by epa4wd View Post

Edit here it is:
holy cow that looks awesome!
Old 02-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
4runner *****
kevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinpt3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
kevinpt3's Tacoma Gallery
now they need one on a double cab long bed
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpt3 View Post
now they need one on a double cab long bed
since the double cab version only comes as a prerunner i don't see that being possible, but who knows
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #20
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
If only you could get the V6 and 6 speed in it...