Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

PreRunner 6 bolt drop kit

Old 01-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #1
STEVON is on a distinguished road
Name: STEVO
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
PreRunner 6 bolt drop kit

I saw a drop kit for my Doublecab Tacoma V6. It looked good in black. Front drop is 2" and rear is 3.5". Has anyone done this and has photos to show what it looks like? I use my truck as a car 95% of the time.
Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
PreRunner 6 bolt drop kit-taco-lower-sm.jpg  
Old 01-21-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have Questions?
Call 850-769-3465
or email TundraRacingLLC@aol.com

Lowering Kit for 2005-10 Tacoma Prerunner & 4x4

Fitment: Regular Cab, Access & Double Cab Models
Lowers Front 2" / Rear 3.5"

BeforeAfter
TR-2036 Kit Contains:
  • 1 pair zinc plated steel shock sleeves
  • 1 pair anodized aluminum billet spring perches
  • 2 pair u-bolts and locknuts
  • 1 pair rear axle flip perches
  • 1 pair lower shot mount plates
  • 1 sway bar spacer kit
  • 1 pair rear shackle with urethane bushings
  • 1 pair rear bumpstops
  • 1 installation manual
The TR-2036 Lowering Kit is designed to fit all 2005-10 Tacoma Prerunner & 4x4. This kit is designed to reuse the Original Equipment springs in order to retain the great Toyota ride quality. It can be installed in your driveway or by a professional. Cornering and handling is enhanced by lowering the vehicle roll center, increased traction and great LOOKS!
Welding is not required
ORDER ONLINE & SHIPPING IS FREE TO THE 50 UNITED STATES

TR-2036 $499 + $20 S&H
TR-2036B $519 + 20 S&H
Fits TRD Offroad and Sport models

We suggest you have vehicle aligned after installation.
Copyright 2009. Tundra Racing LLC. All rights reserved.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
I like it but need to experiment lowering my silver truck to see if it looks good. I can take off the wheels and sit the truck on blocks then lay wheels back in just to see. Thanks for the link! eBay has kit on sale for $50 less.
Stevo
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im still trying to understand why you would by a prerunner and then tur around and lower it. Why didnt you just save a little money and buy a ase model, then lower it. What a waste of off road suspension? JMO
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Im still trying to understand why you would by a prerunner and then tur around and lower it. Why didnt you just save a little money and buy a ase model, then lower it. What a waste of off road suspension? JMO
I understand it.. Some lowered trucks look pretty good. Hell....I would like to see a 4 door X Runner looking truck.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hell....I would like to see a 4 door X Runner looking truck.

pssssst...

Chris...

its called a CHEVY...

Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
4Dr Taco = Car/Truck

JMO,

I need a car more than a truck and never 4WD it. Instead of having three cars to insure and fix (95 NSX-T, Camry and 87 Long bed Nissan 1 ton) I reduced vehicles to two, a NSX and Taco DoubleCab. The Taco is open differential so going off road could equal getting stuck!
Stephen

Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
pssssst...

Chris...

its called a CHEVY...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2. the extra money spent on a prerunner could have went to the the drop kit,wheels and than some
Old 01-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Taco

Chris,

I got a great deal on this truck, it has 32K miles and cost me $8500 plus shipping and repair parts. Wouldn't ever consider buying a GM product, it would never last 300K miles like the Nissan has.

Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVON View Post
Chris,

I got a great deal on this truck, it has 32K miles and cost me $8500 plus shipping and repair parts. Wouldn't ever consider buying a GM product, it would never last 300K miles like the Nissan has.

Stephen
Hell of a deal! I say if you want to lower it, Go for it! Post up pics afterward!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Lower Taco

I'll just lower it on wood blocks and take some pictures first before spending money and time to find out I don't like it!

Stephen
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #13
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVON View Post
JMO,

I need a car more than a truck and never 4WD it. Instead of having three cars to insure and fix (95 NSX-T, Camry and 87 Long bed Nissan 1 ton) I reduced vehicles to two, a NSX and Taco DoubleCab. The Taco is open differential so going off road could equal getting stuck!
Stephen

u have a nsx? damn.....
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #14
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Nsx

Yes I do have a nice second car that I built for myself. It was a project I started years ago and have just finished. Check out the previous project at:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/sh...r=11453&sort=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
u have a nsx? damn.....
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #15
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
No comptech SC!?? Cmon man! haha I love NSX's. I see a Veilside NSX everyday.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #16
STEVON's Tacoma Gallery
Nsx

Why would I need a blower? The car is already too fast with the way the cops are giving out tickets lately. San Diego has finally figured out that they can balance their budget by ticketing the sh#t out of motorist. That's what they did back east and one of the reasons I left there! LOL

Stephen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
No comptech SC!?? Cmon man! haha I love NSX's. I see a Veilside NSX everyday.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #18
deftoned_one is on a distinguished road
Name: rich
deftoned_one's Tacoma Gallery
man i really like they way it looks, i just bought a 2007 tacoma dcab prerunner. i would like to lower it, i think it gives it a good stance.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #19
Starman97 is on a distinguished road
Starman97's Tacoma Gallery
If I could buy a regular suspension Tacoma V6 Xcab, I would. It took several months in 2000 to find my 95, now in 2010, they are non-existant. So my only way to get the Tacoma I want is to buy a 02 PreRunner and lower it to my Xcab ride height. I'd like to lower 6" front and back, if that means new coils, then that's what has to happen. I'm not really sold on clamping the existing coils down, seems like a reliability nightmare if those clamps come loose.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman97 View Post
If I could buy a regular suspension Tacoma V6 Xcab, I would. It took several months in 2000 to find my 95, now in 2010, they are non-existant. So my only way to get the Tacoma I want is to buy a 02 PreRunner and lower it to my Xcab ride height. I'd like to lower 6" front and back, if that means new coils, then that's what has to happen. I'm not really sold on clamping the existing coils down, seems like a reliability nightmare if those clamps come loose.
you could always by an s runner...lol...trying to find one of those things tho is a different story