Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

Base Model suspension, is it leveled?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Base Model suspension, is it leveled?

I keep thinking the rear of my taco is higher than the front. it's supposed to be I know that but it may be the fender that is throwing me off. Would a 1" drop block make the rear uniform to the front?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I think its the fenders because I have a three inch lift for my truck It look little taller in the back but hopefully getting spindles next month
Old 05-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
I think its the fenders because I have a three inch lift for my truck It look little taller in the back but hopefully getting spindles next month
wtf you have a completely different truck and its not even a base model.

its around 1.5" of rake. 6 lug leafs drop the truck around 1.75" and with my XR springs i was sitting level.
1" would help but hit up brian (streetacos.com) i think he still makes 1.5" ones
Old 05-02-2010, 04:37 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing your truck has springs OVER the axle....and a drop block is not possible.

If your springs were UNDER the axle - like on the 5 lugger 2WD 2.4L trucks, then YES....a drop block is possible.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post

its around 1.5" of rake. 6 lug leafs drop the truck around 1.75" and with my XR springs i was sitting level.
1" would help but hit up brian (streetacos.com) i think he still makes 1.5" ones
so it's not me then. the back is higher than the front right?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'm guessing your truck has springs OVER the axle....and a drop block is not possible.

If your springs were UNDER the axle - like on the 5 lugger 2WD 2.4L trucks, then YES....a drop block is possible.
what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
so it's not me then. the back is higher than the front right?
yup its around 1.5" of rake.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

it is under axle. he has a 5 lugger
Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 AM   #11

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? They have 2.7L 5 luggers?

I thought they were 2.4L?

(I looked in his information below his username)
the 2.4L 2RZ-FE I4 are in the 1st gen 5 lug trucks.
2nd gen trucks have the 2.7L 2TR-FE, available with the 5 speed manual or 4 speed auto in 5 lug trucks, or mated to the 5 speed manual only in 6 lug trucks.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #12

don't want to start another thread plus I started this one why not. lol.

So I am debating on the 4 link to my Blazer. I was wondering why the upper link bar brackets were always welded to the top/side (facing the axle) of the crossmember and why not on the bottom of it? Will the 4 link loose it's function? will there be something wrong? See picture of my plan:

Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #14

Quote:
^looks like it might bind..idk though...lol

is ur setup with both links on the bottom right now?
lol no no. It was for my upper links only. There's a hump where the upper link brackets are supposed to go, but I don't want to cut up my floor. That x-member, it comes up at a certain point, mainly for the drive shaft to clear. I lifted up the axle to see how much room I would have, it's VERY slim. I have a feeling it will be hitting the floor A LOT when I have the back at full drop.
this is a picture someone gave me of what they did (pretty much what I want to do).

the owner said he had to put in a metal bar atop the x-member so that the link bars wouldn't push up against the floor all the time when he dropped the rear, but it gives the body a 1" lift. I am not sure if it will be noticeable or not. As of now, I have everything on, but the upper brackets, the stupid e-brake line is in the way of one of the link bars. I really want to keep the e-brake, I use is when I park (habit), but I guess if I have to delete it so be it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Use the bottom of the frame under the cab behind the front wheel and in front of the back wheel and measure from the ground up. That'll tell you if the fender is an optical illusion or not.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #16

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Use the bottom of the frame under the cab behind the front wheel and in front of the back wheel and measure from the ground up. That'll tell you if the fender is an optical illusion or not.
r u still talking about the rake? here's the answer

Quote:

Quote:
what?!

yup its around 1.5" of rake.
and about the blazer...looks like it should be fine...the pic really helps lol...thought they were closer to the outside of the axle...lol...looks like it should be fine...and with the ebrake cable u could try and route it underneath the link?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #17

well I got most of the link put together, just have to get my upper mounts welded in. the e-brake, still trying to figure that one out. it's just in the way of the left upper link bar motion, I'm worried a little about it. I may have to replace it anyhow since the stupid muffler extension melted some of the insulation. > I saw where I can take it off but I have to do more research on it before touching it. I already put in a filter for my breather so that tube is out of the way. thanks Kelson, lol. I been spending too much time on my Blazer forgot about my Taco (got into a little accident, but not bad, fixed the front bumper and now it's going to be flat black primered for a while, may sand it down smooth and see if I can get it color match with the rest of the Taco).
Old 05-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #18

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well I got most of the link put together, just have to get my upper mounts welded in. the e-brake, still trying to figure that one out. it's just in the way of the left upper link bar motion, I'm worried a little about it. I may have to replace it anyhow since the stupid muffler extension melted some of the insulation. > I saw where I can take it off but I have to do more research on it before touching it. I already put in a filter for my breather so that tube is out of the way. thanks Kelson, lol. I been spending too much time on my Blazer forgot about my Taco (got into a little accident, but not bad, fixed the front bumper and now it's going to be flat black primered for a while, may sand it down smooth and see if I can get it color match with the rest of the Taco).
meannn

post some pics up of ur blazer lol i don't think ive seen any yet
Old 05-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #19

so far this is how she looks after I decided to remodel her. I have to find the before pictures (I do all the work by myself so it's kind of hard taking pix cause no one else is around me, plus i don't like getting my cell dirty). She's almost gutted inside, but not entirely.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #20
JudeLeBlanc is on a distinguished road
JudeLeBlanc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
don't want to start another thread plus I started this one why not. lol.

So I am debating on the 4 link to my Blazer. I was wondering why the upper link bar brackets were always welded to the top/side (facing the axle) of the crossmember and why not on the bottom of it? Will the 4 link loose it's function? will there be something wrong? See picture of my plan:

if the bars arn't parallel, the pinion angle will change and you will have u joint problems