LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Street Trucks

Notices

0-60m Times, what to expect from stock TRD?..

Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
fmg029 is on a distinguished road
fmg029's Tacoma Gallery
0-60m Times, what to expect from stock TRD?..

Hi guys,

I'm kind of newbie and have not seen any 0-60 times in the treads, I would like to see what you think that I can expect with my stock 2006 TRD in a 0-60 run...Any chance to see 8 seconds?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Just make sure you test this on a drag strip or closed road. TW does not condone street racing.

But I use the L-2-3-4-D gears if I wanna scoot. L goes to about 42 MPH (very quickly) and then 2 hits up to 75 MPH.

I would say in the high 6s, low 7s
Old 05-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Just make sure you test this on a drag strip or closed road. TW does not condone street racing.

But I use the L-2-3-4-D gears if I wanna scoot. L goes to about 42 MPH (very quickly) and then 2 hits up to 75 MPH.

I would say in the high 6s, low 7s
x2 with the gears, Idk about stock however
Old 05-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
fmg029's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your opinion Lents, your numbers look very optimits, hope to get low 7's...
But it's not L -2 for towing purposes putting all torque ?...

I'm winning some races with F-150 V8, but still wondering my numbers for 1/4 mile...

And I'm kind of lucky not seeing the same fines here in Mexico, I normally go to drag circuit on weekends...

BR
Old 05-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmg029 View Post
Thanks for your opinion Lents, your numbers look very optimits, hope to get low 7's...
But it's not L -2 for towing purposes putting all torque ?...

I'm winning some races with F-150 V8, but still wondering my numbers for 1/4 mile...

And I'm kind of lucky not seeing the same fines here in Mexico, I normally go to drag circuit on weekends...

BR
The lower gears are more towards torque, your right. L can reline very fast unless you have cat-like-reflexes to change gear.

2 is where the muscle of the VVT-i V6 4.0L comes in. Because when your hauling its rare for your transmission to hit 5th gear when in D. You ECU puts the truck at higher RPMs to accommodate the weight behind it.

Im going to the Columbus drag strip here this Summer. I will PM you or post up a thread with stock numbers. Although my truck does have 32.7" AT tires and a 3" lift.

Toyota has made a VERY efficient and powerful motor for its size. It only gets better if you add on the things that count i.e., Supercharger, TRD/URD CAI, Headers, and many others.

I was just giving you a heads up on the street racing. wouldnt want to see a new member get in trouble.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
fmg029's Tacoma Gallery
Great!... thanks everybody for the feedback, I'm glad to hear all of you think the Tacoma TRD can give below 7....

I used to have a Mustang GT with some mods and doing 6 secs... was so much fun, I'm expeting to give my Taco a couple of mods and reach the 6 secs... Where do you think I should be starting?...

1) exhaust
2) intake K&N i.e.
3) what about diferential relation?... what's on tacomas 3.27, 3.7??
4) NOS ??

Any advice will be really appreciated!...BR
Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
skip the k&N go with TRD or a boxed intake, go with doug thorley long tube headers, some calibratior, keep the gearing stock, and from there supercharge!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #9
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
This shit is the real deal

Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 AM   #12
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
This shit is the real deal

Lol some dumbass around here bought that at 7-11 and poured it into his gas tank with ill effects.

Edit; 'around here' as in the Northern VA/Dumbass Central area, not TW.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #13
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Lol some dumbass around here bought that at 7-11 and poured it into his gas tank with ill effects.

Edit; 'around here' as in the Northern VA/Dumbass Central area, not TW.
was that the motorcycle thread on another forum?
Old 05-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #15
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yeah you can power brake it but it can't be good for the trans. It gave me a little better start but I'm not doing it again cause I like a working trans, lol.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
fmg029's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
^ Yeah you can power brake it but it can't be good for the trans. It gave me a little better start but I'm not doing it again cause I like a working trans, lol.

That's a must when you want to have a good launch otherwise you lost preasere secs for getting the revs up and good enough to continue racing...

I pretty familiar with this procedure since I used to do it in my Mustang GT, hit the break as hard as possible and rev up until you see moving then rev down and prepare for launch... normally should be between 2000- 2500 RPM...more than that you will see spinning...and also dangarous for the transmision as you mentioned...

Is recomended no to do it very often and if you do, change the trans oil after every racings on weekends...