1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rim,Tire, and drop question

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by mauiracer, May 8, 2011.

1. May 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    mauiracer

mauiracer [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    hi i have a 05 taco its all stock except for the sounds and im looking at lowering it. whats a good kit to use that will give it a good look but wont be too low to scrape on anything, and also im looking at going with a mickey thompson rim about a 16 and a low pro street tire, i need the dimensions for the rim i was looking at going pretty wide. any suggestions would help im not very knowlegable so anything helps thanks

2. May 8, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    For the lowering kit hit up brian at streetacos http://www.streetacos.com/

best tacoma specialized stuff on the market.

As for the wheels, you can run larger than 16s, and if your going with a lo pro tire you will probably want to to fill in that wheel well. You can get a wide tire, just make sure your off set it right so you have enough room to get the fender around it, and you wont be hitting your fender. Off set is a very important number to make sure you have proper clearence, so i would test fit the wheels and see what fits.

3. May 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    mauiracer

mauiracer [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    so the so the silver tacoma on the home page of that site what size are those and what drop kit thats exactly what i want

4. May 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
  5. May 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    mauiracer

mauiracer [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    thanks man i appreciate it

6. May 10, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    wow duh, my bad. I saw the rear drop for 2nd gens and assumed he had front stuff. Sorry about that.

Products Discussed in

To Top