1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Raises Your Truck Body Lift or Suspenison

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MrTacoma, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Jun 29, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    MrTacoma

MrTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Base v6
    None
    hi, I just bought a 2007 Base V6 4X4 Tacoma I was looking to raise 3 inches what do I need to do Body Lift and a Suspenion Lift or just one..I honestly dont know its first truck Ive ever bought( acutally first car)

2. Jun 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Welcome to TW. Search for suspension lifts. You've got a lot of learning ahead of you! :)

3. Jun 29, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    You wouldnt need a body lift just suspension. If you going just for looks you could get a spacer lift from revtek which raises your truck 3 inches. Or you can go with bilstein 5100s for a 2.75 lift which alot of people go that route just depends on how much your willing to spend and what its used for. and... WELCOME TO TW!

4. Jun 29, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    If you plan to actually drive your truck off road. I would suggest a suspension lift. You can search places like Toytec.com and various lift dealers but before you buy make sure to look around on this board to see if any one is offering to sell theirs or a Group buy is going on no to mention they often times have specials if you are a member of this site.

5. Jun 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM
    MrTacoma

MrTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Base v6
    None
    thanks a bunch everyone I'm definatley going to look at suspenison secetion start learning how to do all the cool stuff to my truck..once I get the truck delivered I'll post some pictures of it

6. Jun 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    we'll be waiting.

7. Jul 2, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    Here is a rough starter for your trucks suspension options that wont require permanant modification. Starting with cheapest/worst and going to best. A 4x4 cant run spindles. We wont get into long travel suspension or drop bracket lifts either.

Front

1. Spacers
    2. Longer/replacement shocks and springs
    3. Coilovers

Rear

1. Blocks
    2. Add A Leafs (AAL)
    3. New replacement rear springs/shocks

Spacers and blocks are cheap and effective but everything is negative as far as performance. Almost everything is better for coilovers and new springs and shocks in the rear.

If you get 2.5" or more of lift you need a new upper control arm to fix your allignment.

That should get you started.

Products Discussed in

To Top