Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What Raises Your Truck Body Lift or Suspenison

Old 06-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
MrTacoma is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter
MrTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What Raises Your Truck Body Lift or Suspenison

hi, I just bought a 2007 Base V6 4X4 Tacoma I was looking to raise 3 inches what do I need to do Body Lift and a Suspenion Lift or just one..I honestly dont know its first truck Ive ever bought( acutally first car)
Old 06-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Search for suspension lifts. You've got a lot of learning ahead of you!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
You wouldnt need a body lift just suspension. If you going just for looks you could get a spacer lift from revtek which raises your truck 3 inches. Or you can go with bilstein 5100s for a 2.75 lift which alot of people go that route just depends on how much your willing to spend and what its used for. and... WELCOME TO TW!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan to actually drive your truck off road. I would suggest a suspension lift. You can search places like Toytec.com and various lift dealers but before you buy make sure to look around on this board to see if any one is offering to sell theirs or a Group buy is going on no to mention they often times have specials if you are a member of this site.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
MrTacoma is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Firefighter
MrTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
thanks a bunch everyone I'm definatley going to look at suspenison secetion start learning how to do all the cool stuff to my truck..once I get the truck delivered I'll post some pictures of it
Old 07-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a rough starter for your trucks suspension options that wont require permanant modification. Starting with cheapest/worst and going to best. A 4x4 cant run spindles. We wont get into long travel suspension or drop bracket lifts either.

Front

1. Spacers
2. Longer/replacement shocks and springs
3. Coilovers

Rear

1. Blocks
2. Add A Leafs (AAL)
3. New replacement rear springs/shocks

Spacers and blocks are cheap and effective but everything is negative as far as performance. Almost everything is better for coilovers and new springs and shocks in the rear.

If you get 2.5" or more of lift you need a new upper control arm to fix your allignment.

That should get you started.