Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifted and very happy with results

Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Army: targeting Platoon SGT
Name: Rick
rsincavage85's Tacoma Gallery
Lifted and very happy with results

A bit of a back ground. 06DC non-tsb, shity leafs, shitty shocks= horrible ride. Installed over the weekend in 5 hours 5100's @1.75" and AAL in the rear. Ride has improved ten-fold. Have to get them on the rear now.

Anyway gained about 1.75' in front approx. and the rear1 3/8" overall the truck sits about leevel off by about 3/8- 1/2" Did the install with the help of a very knowledgable member from another toyota forum. Had the alignment done and the caster is the only thing off. The manager at the dealer did this for me, and they made sure as to put on the work order all over the place truck has lift to the suspension. Then when I go pick up the truck the desk help tell me I need to have new cam bolts washers and nuts because they were siezed and need new bushings. Will be ok for the time beinmg but recommend getting this done in the future. Asked how much was told 484.

Ok question now has anyone ever heard the cam bolts being bad? I was told because of the Pa. weather was the cause. Sorry have owned suvs and trucks never had this issue before. If bushing do go this fast at 50K miles. Who can recommend a good place to get the polyurethane bushings as a kit. May as well do the sway bar and what ever else I can get.

Oh and I must have really lucked out because, before this lift at 70mph on highway had a vibration in the rear, now its gone. No vibrations, no shakes and no shimmy's, steering feels solid as before was loose and constantly fighting it to keep straight. Take some pics tomorrow and post them for everyone to enjoy or bust balls.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Energy Suspension or Prothane Suspension can hook ya up with any kind of polyurethane bushing ya need.
http://www.energysuspension.com
http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com

look forward to some pics of the new lift
Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks I will check them out. I cant see going with the same OEM rubber bushings, may as well get something that will last longer.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #5

I can tell the suspense has been killing everyone. Nothing great or fantastic compared to some on here. But I got just the right amount of lift that I was looking for. Also, anyone ever have to replace the cambolts in the a-amrs. I was told I needed mine replaced because they were seized. Sounds a bit fishy to me, but looking to see if anyone ran into this problem. Actually the pics don't seem like it sits as high when I see it in person. There is a huge gap between the top of tire and the fender. perfect for stuffing bigger tires and new wheels in there next year.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Was it a 1.5 or 2 inch AAL you added?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #7
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I'd like to do the same lift to mine.

Mike
Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #8
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Rick, maybe I'll see it around the area.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
Was it a 1.5 or 2 inch AAL you added?
Sorry 1.5" from Wheelers I have the OEM shocks on it still. Deffinetly upgrading to the 5100's for the rear during the fall.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Nice Rick, maybe I'll see it around the area.
I am out and about usually, The next month I will be in Virginia for annual training and down at FtIG for an a Phase II class I have to attend.