99 leaf springs

Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Warheads On Foreheads Division
MarkC is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AGE (aerospace ground equipment) mechanic
Name: Mark
MarkC's Tacoma Gallery
99 leaf springs

I have a 99 4x4 with 141,000 miles and the leaf springs feel like jello, and squats horribaly with my 4 wheeler in the back. I thought about helper springs and even looked at new springs. Does anybody eles have, or had this problem??
Old 03-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
SPOWERS07 is on a distinguished road

SPOWERS07's Tacoma Gallery
ya i had this problem i had a 92 toyota truck with a 4 inch suspension lift with rear lift blocks and due to my 4 wheeler being in the back so much it made my rearend permentley sag i just got some new leaf springs from pro comp i think, and it really helped out they were like really curved ones so i dident need to use the lift block.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about99tacosupreme has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kyle
99tacosupreme's Tacoma Gallery
My 99 tacoma does the exact same, it only has 90k on it but it sit sags horribly even if you just sit on the tailgate, I know I need knew shocks but i dont think this will help with the rear end sag?? Let me know what you have done to fix yours because im stuck trying to decide between helper springs, aal or a whole new leaf pack?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, your old stock stuff is crap and worn out, and your trucks wallow around and feel unresponsive, and even a handful to drive on the highway, right? Like my 01 did...You guys may find this to be helpful reading...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/82726-group-buy-april-22-deadline-wheelers-offroad-1st-gen-leaf-replacement.html

The group buy is already over, but we beat this topic to death and we all shared a lot of really good info and links to leaf replacement stuff...and learned a lot.

I think we all have our stuff now, and I think most of us have intstalled it. I just finshed mine. It is like a new truck. Firm, solid, no body roll. Very good investment. If you are carrying ATVs a lot, you might want to consider Alcan custom leafpacks, which we also discussed...