Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

quote... 250 for bilstein fronts to be installed.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
quote... 250 for bilstein fronts to be installed.

i phoned around to get front and back adjustable 5100 bilsteins and 4 wheel parts quoted me at 250 for the fronts to install. 24 for the back. is this right?

is this price right?
is that the going rate?

why is it so damn expensive?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #3
skichiiwa is on a distinguished road
skichiiwa's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i think i will.

thanks ill start looking for the how to link.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
If it's 240 for the back that's horrible. If it's 24-That's not too bad. Rear shocks are EASY.

The fronts are not that hard to do...Just gotta have access to the right tools. But if you figure 80-90 bucks an hour plus all the BS fees and taxes and stuff....250 is probably about right. 3 hours total to pull the fronts, break them down, build up the new struts with the 5100s, replace, retorque, align and clean up...Probably could be done faster- but they won't quote you a lower price...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
i paid 200 for my fronts to be installed, plus 70 for the alignment
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
gtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to beholdgtrotter is a splendid one to behold
gtrotter's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you have done compressed springs before and/or have the right tools for it, then let a shop swap the springs. You can always take the coil strut assemblies off of the truck and have someone take you to a shop to swap them over. 60 bucks maybe for that, and well worth it if you value your teeth.

Personally, I do all my own work on my truck. Springs can be very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and aren't careful. All of the energy can come out and hurt someone or anything else nearby. If you eventually go to a stiffer spring, then be careful as well. My OME 885 springs were bending the bolts on the springs compressors. Yeah, that was a little scary.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
TRIBE 10
jnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: F-18 E/F(Super Hornet) Aviation Electronics Technician (AT2)
Name: Jay
jnoley07's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with gtrotter. take them off yourself, but if you are not comfortable doing it yourself, then take it to a shop to have them set them in the assembly for you. Compressing springs can be deadly, so be careful, if you decide to do it yourself.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
All you need is a coil compressor a jack and a case of beer