1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME vs. Ultimate

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Future55, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:27 AM
    Future55

Future55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Weathertech Mats, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Dry S CAI, TRD Exhaust, Access LE w/ Pop'n lock, 17" XD Revolvers, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    I know this probably has been answered a ton, but i did search for a decent amount of time and i just need a quick clarification.

When people talk about the Toytec Ultimate Lift kit, for the most part, do they include the Rear OME Dakar Leaf Springs, making the price roughly $1600?

And with the OME kit, do people treat the "typical" kit as including the Complete OME Rear Springs with Ubolts? This makes the price about $1200.

Im just trying to guage what people are talking about when they refer to these kits. I know this might not be the case everytime though.

Hope this makes sense, thanks.

Also, what is the recommendation as far the the OME rear options? Is it best to get the rear springs and ubolts?

2. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    EEtaco

EEtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    The main thing people talk about is the front coils. OME is not adjustable and uses OME components where as Toytec uses Eibach springs paired with a 5100 with a threaded collar so that it is adjustable. The read ends have the exact same options, it just depends on how much you're willing to spend for ride quality.

Hope this answers your question.

3. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    Future55

Member:
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Weathertech Mats, AFE Stage 2 SI Pro Dry S CAI, TRD Exhaust, Access LE w/ Pop'n lock, 17" XD Revolvers, 285/70/17 Duratracs
    Thanks, i understand the options for the front, i guess my question is focused mainly on what most people choose for the rear option.

4. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    tim920

tim920 Never seen Forest Gump

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner Limited V6
    I haven't seen many people on here that buys the full leaf pack when purchasing the kit. I think most people just get the AAL.

I was also told that the OME shocks are better than the Bilsteins. The Bilsteins get hotter quicker than the OME ones.

5. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    EEtaco

EEtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    It really comes down to personal preference and what you plan to do with your truck. If you're going to be off-roading and seeing little pavement, then the Dakars are the way to go. However, if you're just lifting to fit bigger tires, stay clean on the street, or do a trail or two occasionally then the AAL is more than adequate. A rear block is also a option if you stay on street, however, I personally stay away from them.

6. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    Future55

Member:
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Alright cool, thats more along the lines of what i was looking for, thanks fellas. :cheers:

7. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    EEtaco

EEtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Prerunner
    There's a thread somewhere around here that was started a few days ago talking about the benefits of rear leaf packs that might give you some more information.

Products Discussed in

To Top