Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Noob needs help

Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
liinxcore is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamil
liinxcore's Tacoma Gallery
Noob needs help

I have an 06 reg cab prerunner- it camewith a suspension lift though im not sure what lift it came with. my question is, can i add a body lift/coil spacer to this lift as well? I am 2wd, so it is more of a look im going for, not functional application. if it is possible, what kind of body lift would you recommend and who is interested in making some money with helping me with the install (Az) =]

thx guys, ive always wanted a tacoma and now its happening! I love this truck!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.

You're not going to get any love for body lifts on here. They are dangerous and look terrible in my opinion.

If you post a pic of your front suspension as it sits now we can help you identify the type of lift you have. Can't say if a spacer would work until we see what you have.

Most likely though, you don't have front shocks that would accomodate any more lift than you currently have, so a spacer would be out.

Since you are a prerunner, you could look into spindles. They will give you 4" of lift up front without spacers, new coils, etc. They are pricey though.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Welcome to TW.

You're not going to get any love for body lifts on here. They are dangerous and look terrible in my opinion.

If you post a pic of your front suspension as it sits now we can help you identify the type of lift you have. Can't say if a spacer would work until we see what you have.

Most likely though, you don't have front shocks that would accomodate any more lift than you currently have, so a spacer would be out.

Since you are a prerunner, you could look into spindles. They will give you 4" of lift up front without spacers, new coils, etc. They are pricey though.
thank you- and I know ppl have a hate for body lifts- can you link me to any spindles? ive had no luck searching through google
Old 07-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Do you have a pic of the front lift so we can tell what it is?
Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Welcome to TW! Do you have a pic of the front lift so we can tell what it is?

so here is the heart breaking story- bought the truck last tuesday, then that saturday the rear 1/4 panel was hit by a drunk driver, so currently she is getting some plastic surgery. hoping for a speedy recovery. ill send her everyone's regards =] as soon as i get it back, ill post pics. thanks everyone!

I had a 05 fronty and had questions on that forum, but on that forum ppl would rather talk ish and be irrelevant than to offer sound advise. i appreciate everyone's quick response, and i will get pics up soon
Old 07-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What part of AZ are you in?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #7

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...N0958-Copy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...N0958-Copy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/DSCN0961.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #8
sorry i cant get the other images through html..

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/DSCN0959.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/DSCN0959.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...N0959-Copy.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/DSCN0961.jpg
Old 07-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #9
does that mean no one knows, or just forgot about me lol