Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Time for me to upgrade suspension?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
tacomadude2000 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
tacomadude2000's Tacoma Gallery
Time for me to upgrade suspension?

Hey I was wondering if anybody could tell me how much life is left in these leaf springs. Axle wrap has always been an inconvenience since I bought the truck and recently ive been determined to get rid of it. From what I understand putting on AALs would only be a temporary fix which is why I would be more inclined to get brand new leafs (please let me know if I am wrong b/c I want to spend as little money as possible). Both the shocks and leafs are original (80,000 miles) so is it time for me to upgrade or do I still have life in these?

^^
Also how do I make this picture bigger? Im kinda a noob at this stuff
Old 07-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Your leaf springs could last forever.

Your kidneys won't.

Nobody can answer that question. So, if you're thinking of dumping the original suspension - then just do it. YOu won't be disappointed.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Actually I can see a problem in that picture where the leafs are sitting at a de-arch and that's not good for them.

If you want to do the cheapest upgrade that will help your leafs last longer, get some new springs, OEM or upgraded replacement and get a set of traction bars that will help reduce the axle wrap depending on which setup you go with.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
tacomadude2000 will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
tacomadude2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Your leaf springs could last forever.

Your kidneys won't.
Haha thanks for the reminder. I forgot about those kidneys
I think im just gonna get some aftermarket springs or maybe go to a junk yard and find some decent looking ones there.