Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Has anybody/is it possible to put a 6" lift WITH an LT setup on a 4X4/4X2?

Old 07-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody/is it possible to put a 6" lift WITH an LT setup on a 4X4/4X2?

It may seem like a noob question but I was just thinking that it would be interesting if someone has installed a 6 inch fabtech, procomp style lift and also has thrown on a long travel setup as well. It may seem like a stupid thought but If it can/has been acheived, I would LOVE to see pics and hear about it. But preferably, I'd like to see a lift and LT setup on a 4X4 rather than a 4X2 since PreRunners are gay...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
your comments are gay. and the fact that you think prerunners are gay. and the fact that you think a drop bracket lift can be meshed with an LT kit. IBTL. LOL.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
It may seem like a noob question but I was just thinking that it would be interesting if someone has installed a 6 inch fabtech, procomp style lift and also has thrown on a long travel setup as well. It may seem like a stupid thought but If it can/has been acheived, I would LOVE to see pics and hear about it. But preferably, I'd like to see a lift and LT setup on a 4X4 rather than a 4X2 since PreRunners are gay...
With that attitude no one will help you
Old 07-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
your comments are gay. and the fact that you think prerunners are gay. and the fact that you think a drop bracket lift can be meshed with an LT kit. IBTL. LOL.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
you know whats gay? Spacers...
Old 07-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
Hi
and nerf bars instead of sliders
Old 07-04-2010, 12:35 AM   #8
Hi
and wannabe beadlocks
Old 07-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #9
"Not you, fat jesus"
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11A 1-184 IN
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
I know there are lifts for Dodge trucks, perhaps others.
They are called "Long arm Lifts" you can get 6" with Long arms.
I dont know if you can take a LT kit, like camburg or engage and add a 6Inch bracket lift.

Might mess up ur angles and such on the LT to put the spacers n such in there.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
you know whats gay? Spacers...
1st of all: I bought the truck with spacers. 2nd: I have sliders on now I just haven't posted pics because my camera is broken. 3rd: I bought the truck with the wheels. and 4th: being on TACOMAworld when you drive an FJ is gay.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
I know there are lifts for Dodge trucks, perhaps others.
They are called "Long arm Lifts" you can get 6" with Long arms.
I dont know if you can take a LT kit, like camburg or engage and add a 6Inch bracket lift.

Might mess up ur angles and such on the LT to put the spacers n such in there.
First off, I'd like to thank you for being the 1st and ONLY poster who actually has any positive feedback to my question. I'd also like to thank you for seeing that my "prerunners are gay" comment that was followed by a "" was a sarcastic comment.

Now back to my question... Do the "long arm lifts" act like a long travel stup? or is it just a different way to lift the truck?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
being on TACOMAworld when you drive an FJ is gay.[/quote]

LOL
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
being on TACOMAworld when you drive an FJ is gay.
LOL [/quote]

Do I Have a point?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL

Do I Have a point?
I dont think so. Alot of members are on here, and dont own a Tacoma.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #15
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do I Have a point?
No you don't... He used to have a Tacoma and sold it. There are plenty of cool people on here that used to have Tacomas that still hang around, one of them being manny.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Long arm is for SFA. Even if there was a 6" LT the front axles wouldn't last very long.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #17
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont think so. Alot of members are on here, and dont own a Tacoma.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #18
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Welcome to the Fail Quote John.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Welcome to the Fail Quote John.
I think I fixed it.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I think I fixed it.
Well done. You are nolonger "Fail". The OP on the other hand....Well.....