Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leeper coilover BLOWN!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can have them re built.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know anything about the Leepers, BUT you might want to see if they have any warranty you're still valid for.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I don't know anything about the Leepers, BUT you might want to see if they have any warranty you're still valid for.
Doubt that's possible after that whole ordeal that came up a while back. I won't mention it tho

To the OP: Try a local atv/bike shop
Old 07-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
how high did you have it set?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnudo200827 View Post
call up dave and see what he says.
X2. If you threw them on the way they came, odds are, they were too high. How much thread is above the adjuster?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #10
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2. If you threw them on the way they came, odds are, they were too high. How much thread is above the adjuster?
yeah was trying to let them break in alittle before i cranked them down so i wouldnt have to keep adjusting it but my fault i was just lazy.i get them measured in the morning damn fireworks!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
mnudo200827's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
if he had them up to high wouldnt that just bust the ball joint, and not make the shock leak?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
yeah was trying to let them break in alittle before i cranked them down so i wouldnt have to keep adjusting it but my fault i was just lazy.i get them measured in the morning damn fireworks!!!
Well...Its not a big deal. Odds are, Dave will make it right. Otherwise, if you dont have a local off road shop, you should be able to send them someplace to have them re built.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
So they were only on the truck for a couple of weeks? Did you buy them new?
Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnudo200827 View Post
if he had them up to high wouldnt that just bust the ball joint, and not make the shock leak?
It can cause both. From what I have found, the Leeper CO's were shipped with about 1.25" too much preload for a 3" lift. Then again, It could have been just a manufactureing defect.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Ashiet,
i got those coilovers during the quick sale to but haven't put them on yet. I live in Kihei so if I have any issues with mine you have some back up since we live so far away. I hope you paid through Paypal. Check with Inense Motor Sports Maui about recharge, also try check with Dominic over at Innovative Creations in Kaului Industrial. They have connections with the mainland.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #17
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo-cat3 View Post
Ashiet,
i got those coilovers during the quick sale to but haven't put them on yet. I live in Kihei so if I have any issues with mine you have some back up since we live so far away. I hope you paid through Paypal. Check with Inense Motor Sports Maui about recharge, also try check with Dominic over at Innovative Creations in Kaului Industrial. They have connections with the mainland.
Yeah I jus being working so didn't have time to go ask around I'm sure I.C knows and have done it b4
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #18
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
How can you tell they were leaking?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 AM   #20
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm... Just the other week bug's life was looking for some fox CO. I thought he was all about leepers