Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Don't make the same mistake!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Navy: 2/4 5th REG, 1st Mar Div
Devildoc's Tacoma Gallery
Don't make the same mistake!

I just purchased my rear 5100 from toytec for $161.49 + $14.26(shipping)=$175.75. Tried to cancel after an hour because found it cheaper in suspensionconnection.com for $152.97 plus shipping but they were going to charge me $20 for canceling my order because they get charge by the credit card company for canceling. All this rules was all laid out in their website so I can't argue with that. They could not price match it either because it is already been processed and no change can be made, again this is also in their policies. Toytec are good people though, its just their prices are a little higher. Don't make the same mistake like I did. I am still excited for my shocks though!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Live and learn I guess! Oh well you still getting some quality products.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
x2 very nice shocks
Old 07-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Devildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to beholdDevildoc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
That's the idea! We learn from our mistake which in the long run, makes as strong. I will be riding better in 3-4 days though! hahahaha
Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
In my experience it is far better to deal with the well known reputable seller than the no name interweb company that may not exist next week.
x2
Old 07-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
Update on my purchased: Doug from toytec is trying to get me some money back. I told Doug I would be happy no matter what happen. So big kodus for Toytec! x10 for being reputable company
Old 07-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
In my experience it is far better to deal with the well known reputable seller than the no name interweb company that may not exist next week.
As a dealer, we try to be competitive with all the other companys out there, but we can't always have the best price. We hope that when you call and we have the answer to your questions that you will still purchase from us instead of some place that may have them a few dollars cheaper.

Also, as a side note. It is really hard to price match when other companys don't even have the product in stock (Bilstein 5100s)
Old 07-06-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Dan, I don't think anyone is questioning Wheeler's price . This was an issue with Toytec. But your statement still applies, 5100s are hard to keep in stock. I think Toytec just received a new order of them.

Also you can't beat Toytecs customer service!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
Update: Toytec gave me some money back, it came out about $167 including shipping. Great service! Thanks Doug!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
yup live and learn! i ordered my 5100's and aal from wheelers offroad and got my eibach coils and swaybar relocate kit from toytec. great service from each
Old 07-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
As a dealer, we try to be competitive with all the other companys out there, but we can't always have the best price. We hope that when you call and we have the answer to your questions that you will still purchase from us instead of some place that may have them a few dollars cheaper.

Also, as a side note. It is really hard to price match when other companys don't even have the product in stock (Bilstein 5100s)

X2. People need to not worry about a few bucks, but rather support the folks (business) that give them the best customer service.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt sonny at downsouthmotorsports sell the 5100's for the cheapest??
Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
i was one of the lucky few to get my 5100's from downsouth motorsports. They sold out in less that 24 hours once they were in stock.