1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What do you think??????

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by THROUGHITALLDUDE, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:26 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE [OP] Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    :confused::D Ok so I have some Toytec coilovers with Eibach springs on my truck right now I am thinking of going a different route. I just got a new job which requires me to drive a lot and I do not go wheeling at all. They are awesome coilovers but I think they are more geared toward someone who spends alot of time offroad. With that being said, I am contemplating switching over to 5100's or even a spacer lift. I wanna keep my lift but have a softer feel on the road. As of right now these toytecs are pretty stiff on road. I actually was thinking about offering in the B/S/T thread if someone is willing to trade me a set of 5100 and they pay the cost of the swap its theirs or even for a spacer set up as well. I have one problem as of now I would like to think I have about a 2.5''-3'' but before I lifted it I did not measure it before and after so I have no clue how tall I am sitting I would like to think that a 3'' lift will definitely look taller than what I have now but I do not know what a 2.5'' would look like in comparison to what I have now.

My question to you guys is what do you think is this switch from toytecs to something else, something that I would want? or is there something else I should consider? ALSO how tall do you think my truck is sitting as of now?
    trucksauce2-1_0298d83279f59e790351e142474fa9db0d68e454.jpg

Mytrucksauce_a31d4443ef5aef7ec49d4c28b86444ea2bec1463.jpg

2. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    What about the ome lift? That gives a nice ride.

3. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    i was actually just looking at that......is that a complete strut switch with spacers on top for the lift?

4. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    No it's a coil lift. Comes with new shocks. You can add the 1/2" spacers that give 3/4" lift as well. I ran that for a while and it was super comfy.

5. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I think the only thing that will be less then the Toytec coilovers and also ride good on-road will be the OME setup. Its a full strut swap, and the coils give you lift. No spacer.

6. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    so for a 3'' lift or 2.75'' I would just need the coils and the struts on toytec?

7. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Yea. But I would add the spacers too. Cuz sometimes people don't get the full 3".

8. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    ^^Yep.

9. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:55 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    I have a spacer lift I would sell you for $75 + shipping but its on the stiff side. More of a cheap way to lift if not into performance off road. I would say when it comes down to lifts its more about compressing the coils less for a softer ride. That should be across the board for any lift/shock setup?

10. Jul 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    i actually am really considering the OME cause I have been looking around and everyone says good things about em. Def seems like the nicest ride with a lift thanks for the input guys

11. Jul 7, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    if your looking for a "softer" ride then a spacer lift is def NOT the route to go.

OME will prob be your best bet

Products Discussed in

To Top