Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What do you think??????

Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation What do you think??????

Ok so I have some Toytec coilovers with Eibach springs on my truck right now I am thinking of going a different route. I just got a new job which requires me to drive a lot and I do not go wheeling at all. They are awesome coilovers but I think they are more geared toward someone who spends alot of time offroad. With that being said, I am contemplating switching over to 5100's or even a spacer lift. I wanna keep my lift but have a softer feel on the road. As of right now these toytecs are pretty stiff on road. I actually was thinking about offering in the B/S/T thread if someone is willing to trade me a set of 5100 and they pay the cost of the swap its theirs or even for a spacer set up as well. I have one problem as of now I would like to think I have about a 2.5''-3'' but before I lifted it I did not measure it before and after so I have no clue how tall I am sitting I would like to think that a 3'' lift will definitely look taller than what I have now but I do not know what a 2.5'' would look like in comparison to what I have now.

My question to you guys is what do you think is this switch from toytecs to something else, something that I would want? or is there something else I should consider? ALSO how tall do you think my truck is sitting as of now?

Old 07-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was actually just looking at that......is that a complete strut switch with spacers on top for the lift?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I think the only thing that will be less then the Toytec coilovers and also ride good on-road will be the OME setup. Its a full strut swap, and the coils give you lift. No spacer.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #6

so for a 3'' lift or 2.75'' I would just need the coils and the struts on toytec?
Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spacer lift I would sell you for $75 + shipping but its on the stiff side. More of a cheap way to lift if not into performance off road. I would say when it comes down to lifts its more about compressing the coils less for a softer ride. That should be across the board for any lift/shock setup?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #10

i actually am really considering the OME cause I have been looking around and everyone says good things about em. Def seems like the nicest ride with a lift thanks for the input guys
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
if your looking for a "softer" ride then a spacer lift is def NOT the route to go.

OME will prob be your best bet