Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilsteins 5100's where do I start????????

Old 07-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Przemek
Przemekmsu's Tacoma Gallery
Bilsteins 5100's where do I start????????

Its time to start replacing some parts in the Taco. I am thinking about changing all of the shocks to Bilsteins 5100's also I should probably replace the spring leafs on the back. Please directly me in the right direction!!!!!!
1). Websites were I can purchase them at the best price????
2). Best settings to set them on????
3). Any suggestions that you might have will be appriciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/

1.75" for the fronts. Get an AAL or the rear spring TSB for the rear. Will raise it a little and level it out.

Search 5100 and read up!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/

1.75" for the fronts. Get an AAL or the rear spring TSB for the rear. Will raise it a little and level it out.

Search 5100 and read up!
X2.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
shockwarehouse.com also has them..

DSMS was sold out last time I looked, plus they dont come with hardware from there
Old 07-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
^^^ The items for sale are all OEM parts. So it isn't anything different that the OP is currently running.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Przemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrzemekmsu is one of the sharper tools in the shed
What's better TSB or AAL???????
Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #8

Firefighter:
I don't think you qualify for the TSB. AAL or getting a new leaf pack depending on what condition yours are in right now.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
I have some rear 5100' that I can sale. Brand new, in the box
Old 07-08-2010, 05:24 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
I don't think you qualify for the TSB. AAL or getting a new leaf pack depending on what condition yours are in right now.
I don't qualify I am over my milage. So I guess it has to be a AAL or new leaf pack.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #11
I've got the FUNK
dgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddgr540 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 91W - Medic
dgr540's Tacoma Gallery
What height adjustment do you need longer brake lines?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgr540 View Post
What height adjustment do you need longer brake lines?
I don't want to get into all that!!!!!!! I want to keep it simple. What ever the max is with out changing the break lines.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #14
w4lter is on a distinguished road
w4lter's Tacoma Gallery
I just put my 5100s on today at the 2.5" setting. I'm glad I did because otherwise I would have had too much rake with the 2" AAL. As it is now, I'm hoping the leafs settle a bit because I'm still not close to level.