Notices

3" Lift Definitive answers/imput

Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
MAtrdguy is on a distinguished road

Army: 101st Airborne Div
Name: Pete
MAtrdguy's Tacoma Gallery
3" Lift Definitive answers/imput

Hi...kind of a FNG here but wanted to get the straight answers..I have read these posts till I'm blind, fo before flamin' me...remember you were all new too...I will give you my scenerio and would appreciate your advise...

Gonna lift my NON TRD SR5 Long bed, I have had the leaf spring TSB done, I have some 5100 I want to put up front and do the Toy Tec AAL ( 1.75 lift ) for the rear. here is where I get twisted..
  • What setting Should the Billies be set @ for max lift ? 2.5 ?? If that is so will the 1.75 in the rear be enough to level the truck ( I dont want the 4 runner look with the nose of the truck up higher than the rear. )
  • Is there any difference in the Non TRD coils vs. the TRD coils ? ( I have non trd on there...how can I tell)
  • Do I need to buy any of the toytec shims/ sway bar relocation parts and relocate the sway bar ?
  • Since I will be adding a AAL to the stock Bilstine in the rear, I will use the shock extenders ( have those already) to try to keep the rear from over extending...
Please chime in with any thing you can think of to try to make this a little less painless. It should be noted that I do 95% hwy driving ( but like to play a little @ times so...that being said...

Again...easy on the flaming...Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
subhunter is on a distinguished road
Navy: Patrol squadron
subhunter's Tacoma Gallery
The ready lift kit is what the local dealer uses here. It raises the front 2.75" and the rear 1". This levels out the truck well. Then you can get up to a 33" tire on it. However you will need wheel spacers if you want to use the stock rims. I have the kit on my truck and a buddy of mine has it on his TRD off road and he likes it. I will post a thread with picks of mine when I get all the stuff on it.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
With the 5100's set at 2.5" (the highest setting), and the 1.75" AAL, you should sit nice and level. Best way to tell, measuer the front and rear height of your stock vehicle, and see what the difference is between the front and rear. Then, Add the amount of lift you are aiming for to those measurements.