Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Question: atleast 4" lift in the rear

Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Question: atleast 4" lift in the rear

as you know I have the RCD kit which lifts the front about 4.5"... right now I have a 4" block and the TSB leaf pack in the rear.

I'm looking to get atleast 4" of lift in the rear without the block... what kind of setup would I need.

I like the back to be slightly higher than the front but right now I think with the block and TSB leaf pack and natural lift height its quite a bit higher now in the rear.

Plus I just want to get rid of the block... what do you think?

I was thinking either:

a custom leaf pack

or allpro 3" leaf pack and armortech shackle flip

I'm worried that the 3" allpro and shackle flip wont be enough lift and I'll be stuck with the BRO lean

is there another option?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
or allpro 3" leaf pack and armortech shackle flip
THIS!

if its not tall enough you can add some FJ shackles! good lift and good flexxx
Old 07-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
THIS!

if its not tall enough you can add some FJ shackles! good lift and good flexxx
I should go out and measure the actual height of the rear compared to the rear...

also, I do sometimes carry about 200-400 pounds in the bed how would the allpro leafs handle that?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
3" AP leafs, ATO shackle, plus 1" XJ shackle...SS is running it and said the flip+shackle gave him 1"
Old 07-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
HOSS454 is on a distinguished road
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
i got the rcd lift and put in a wheelers aal and a toytec 1" block and am about 1" higher in the back.. i also have the tsb rear springs.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS454 View Post
i got the rcd lift and put in a wheelers aal and a toytec 1" block and am about 1" higher in the back.. i also have the tsb rear springs.
yeah but I want to avoid a block all together
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
David10MGM has a spectacular aura aboutDavid10MGM has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
David10MGM's Tacoma Gallery
Atlas Springs has a 4 inch leaf pack for our trucks but I don't know much about them. I saw them on topguncustomz.com. I believe they run around 500 dollars.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
What's with the fj shacle comment. How does that work out? How's the fitment and install with that? Any pictures or more info on that?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #9
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
What's with the fj shacle comment. How does that work out? How's the fitment and install with that? Any pictures or more info on that?

Thanks in advance
There is a thread on shackle flip kits. Look it up and it will show you pictures of shackles, and the shackle flip kit.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
JRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really nice
Navy:
Name: Jordan
JRW1223's Tacoma Gallery
Try Alcan springs. They can build it to you specifications. Even if you carry 200-400 lbs in the bed. Just tell them that and they can make it.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #11
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
There is a thread on shackle flip kits. Look it up and it will show you pictures of shackles, and the shackle flip kit.
I think I know what thread your talking about and I think I just skimmed or overlooked the fj shackle part of it. Thanks for the response and I am gonna look over that thread again!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW1223 View Post
Try Alcan springs. They can build it to you specifications. Even if you carry 200-400 lbs in the bed. Just tell them that and they can make it.
hmm thats a good idea... I just tell them I want a leaf pack to give 4" of lift?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #13
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
hmm thats a good idea... I just tell them I want a leaf pack to give 4" of lift?
I have no experience with them but Ive read that a lot on here. that they can buid some to suit your needs. I think deaver will do that same thing
Old 07-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've seen things about using an XJ shackle...but nothing about an FJ shackle
Old 07-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #15
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_703.htm
Old 07-09-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
So basically, everyone is suggesting either

a custom 4" leaf pack or 3" leafs with shackle flip and xj/fj shackles

Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #17
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
just thought i'd chime in here.. the new design of the shackle flip will allow you to run a standard toyota shackle (just like the 1st gen tacomas) thus providing plenty of options for different length shackles... plus i will be able to cut custom ones to any length you desire so you can dial it in....
Old 07-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #18
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

they know their stuff

I have a set to go with the fabtech in the garage with 200 lbs extra capacity built right in.

just give them a call and chat

Justin
Old 07-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
just thought i'd chime in here.. the new design of the shackle flip will allow you to run a standard toyota shackle (just like the 1st gen tacomas) thus providing plenty of options for different length shackles... plus i will be able to cut custom ones to any length you desire so you can dial it in....

I am waiting patiently

Justin
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
JRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really niceJRW1223 is just really nice
Navy:
Name: Jordan
JRW1223's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah all you tell them is that you want a 4" lift and they can make it. They will even make them to handle the additional weight that you want.