Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Help/Recommendations

Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Help/Recommendations

I own an 05 Tacoma DB SR5 4x2 Prerunner. I want to fit 285's on my truck, so I guess that means a lift. I wanted to get a 3' lift, but I dont know which one I should get. I baby my truck, and like too. I dont go off roading, and I dont try and climb things when I have spare time (even though I wish I could). The most I'd like to do is be able to go through some occasional flood water that happens in my city, and maybe a dirty trail through a forest. That being said the lift is mostly for aesthetics, but I would like to be able to do a decent to moderate trail with it. With those applications in mind I have a couple of questions:

1) Which lift should I get? (Could someone post a link)
2) Will I need a UCA (and if so could someone post a link to a good but cheap one)
3) Will I need other parts besides the lift? (and if so which ones, also with posted link)

I ask for the link because I'm new to this and I dont know what these parts are supposed to look like.

Thank you for all help and posts in advance.

EDIT: Also I dont want that "rake" look where the front end is higher than the rear. I would like an evenly leveled truck. All help is appreciated. Sorry for the ignorance.