1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Help/Recommendations

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by MrGuitarguy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    MrGuitarguy

MrGuitarguy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner Longbed SR5
    I own an 05 Tacoma DB SR5 4x2 Prerunner. I want to fit 285's on my truck, so I guess that means a lift. I wanted to get a 3' lift, but I dont know which one I should get. I baby my truck, and like too. I dont go off roading, and I dont try and climb things when I have spare time (even though I wish I could). The most I'd like to do is be able to go through some occasional flood water that happens in my city, and maybe a dirty trail through a forest. That being said the lift is mostly for aesthetics, but I would like to be able to do a decent to moderate trail with it. With those applications in mind I have a couple of questions:

1) Which lift should I get? (Could someone post a link)
    2) Will I need a UCA (and if so could someone post a link to a good but cheap one)
    3) Will I need other parts besides the lift? (and if so which ones, also with posted link)

I ask for the link because I'm new to this and I dont know what these parts are supposed to look like.

Thank you for all help and posts in advance.

EDIT: Also I dont want that "rake" look where the front end is higher than the rear. I would like an evenly leveled truck. All help is appreciated. Sorry for the ignorance.

Products Discussed in

To Top