Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How hard to install new suspension?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
HB52taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
HB52taco's Tacoma Gallery
How hard to install new suspension?

I found someone thats selling their tacoma and willing to sell/trade their mid travel kit for my stock suspension. I have gotten estimates from camburg for $600-$800 for labor but they said its not that hard to do by yourself. So for someone with some experience on cars but never suspension how hard of a task would it be to swap coilovers, UCA's, rear shocks, leaf springs, exhaust, and air intake. I would have to get a torque wrench and 8 jackstands what else would be needed. thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I would say 2 jackstands would be sufficient along with a good floor jack, its not too difficult. you could get it done in probably a weekend
Old 07-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It's a piece of cake, really. Once you get over the "it's something new" fear and do it a couple of times, you'll be able to tear down the entire front suspension in an hour.

You'll need a nice assortment of sockets, ratchets, extensions, wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, and beer to do the job properly, but it's not hard.

When removing the front coilovers, make your life easier by disconnecting the sway bar and outer end of the steering tie rods from the spindles.

Good luck!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Basic tools, Basic knowledge, Time & TacomaWorld.... and you're golden!

A buddy would be usefull though.