1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspensions upgrade worth it?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ETaco23, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Ive just been doing some research on Coilover's, and I was wondering, are the Icon ext. length Coilovers alot better then Toytec's I have? Beside's the extra travel.... Im basically talking ride, on-road and off. My toytecs are good, but still a little hash on the bumps. I would like something that floats over bumps (on-road). So I dont feel them as much.

Im just wondering, not in a rush to upgrade, bc I just did my suspension maybe a couple years back. If that.

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    yeah, the Icon's would be better than the toytecs but they still will feel a bit "stiff". the Icon shocks are a race style CO and use a flutter stack which is going to do wonders for the off road performance but tend to make the street ride a bit stiff.

flat out, yes, they are much much better than the toytecs, but your not gonna "float" over the road. for a super soft ride the OME kit is prob gonna be your best bet.

trust me, if you go w/ the Icon's you will not be disappointed

3. Jul 11, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Thanks for the response Matt.. I def. dont want it to be stiffer. I will stick with my toytecs until they start to sag on me... :)

Products Discussed in

To Top