Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How big of a lift with 35" Tires

Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
pearldrummerelx is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
pearldrummerelx's Tacoma Gallery
How big of a lift with 35" Tires

I've just bought 20" KMC XD Addicts wrapped in 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers and realized I can't get away with just a 3" body lift. I'm assuming I'll have to do the full 6" lift, cutting the cross member, but I wanted to see if anyone has done this before.

I have the TSB done in the rear, and a 3" leveling kit in the front. The truck is leveled out right now. I was thinking of doing a 3" body lift as it stands now, but I don't think these tires will fit.

Also, do I need to change the gearing running this size tire?

Any advice is appreciated. If you've worked with any particular products and have advice, good or bad, it would be much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Ideally 6" for 35's but people run 35's on 3" w/ cutting.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
you do not need to cut the cross member..you have a prerunner..
Old 07-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #4
pearldrummerelx is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
pearldrummerelx's Tacoma Gallery
which kit can i get so i don't have to cut the cross member? and do i need bigger brakes for the bigger/heavier wheels?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If you are a prerunner, you wont need to cut the crossmember.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:07 AM   #6
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
If you are a prerunner, you wont need to cut the crossmember.
+1

Cutting the cross member is only for 4x4s. It allows room for the front drive shaft when the front diff is lowered. Prerunner = no front drive shaft and no cutting.

But you would be better off just getting spindles and running billies on a Prerunner instead of a drop bracket lift.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
not all 35's rub horribly, my mud grapplers pretty bad on the sway bar but my trail grapplers only hit at full turn, and also barely touch the body
Old 07-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Cut the cross member to fit 35's or cut the fender? I think I would cut the fender. Also to me, fitting big tires with the least amount of lift and the most articulation is awesome.