Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bed Rest

Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
kriskate is on a distinguished road
kriskate's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Rest

When loaded, the truck bottoms out by hitting these black rubber pads. I have seen on the forum an aftermarket product that replaces these pads and behave like a shock absorber. I cant seem to find them. Anyone knows what they are?

Thanks
06 4x4 2.7 manual
Old 06-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you should go for the suspension TSB first. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...reference.html

I know what springs your talking about, I'll have to get back to you on the name.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you could try timbrens.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacotimbren.htm

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...installed.html
Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Definately get the TSB done (it's free if you're still under warrantee). Or look into some better leaf springs.

The problem is weak leaf springs. Those bump-stop-struts (or whatever they're called) is not gonna fix the problem. I wouldn't waste my money on them. Upgrade the suspension first. And if you still have problems, look into 'suspension assisting' products like airbags & such.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
Thanks for all the info,
all the best
Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
TSB Done

The TSB was done and am very pleased with the results. The truck now handles the load nicely! I now have a few more inches of height and have to add a step on the passenger side. Thanks for your help.