Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Installing bilsteins today! Alignment question.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
w4lter is on a distinguished road
w4lter's Tacoma Gallery
Installing bilsteins today! Alignment question.

I'm finally installing My bilsteins/2"aal today. I know I have to get an alignment but tomorrow is Sunday and obviously most shops are closed. Will anything be damaged if I run down the street to the grocery store? What about highway across town to church? Is it just a handling issue? I'll be sure to post pics after.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
I drove for6 days before I could get a alignment. I didn't want to go that long but there where no problems.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Drove 2 weeks - not a problem at all... I don't even think I needed an alignment but had it done anyway. You should still get it done, but should be fine.

Azbackcountry
Old 07-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
All you're really doing is scrubbing the tires a little bit... that's assuming it's even off a measurable amount. Driving it for a few days should pose no problem... I wouldn't set off on a cross-country trip before the alignment, though.

I put 5100s up front on mine at 1.75" lift and took it in for an alignment. The tech came back in about 20 minutes later and asked if I had asked for an alignment or maybe something else since the wheels were almost exact on spec without adjustment.