Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec & 5-lug wheels

Old 07-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec & 5-lug wheels

No one seemed to answer at the suspension forum, thought id post it here.
I just went to Toytec's site to look at suspension lifts and I saw this "Tacoma 05 & up (Lift products will not fit models with 5 lug wheels)". Well I have an 05 SR5 DB with 5 wheel lug wheels. So what lift's can I use?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
What about something like this:

http://www.readylift.com/c-107-toyot...-275f175r.aspx
Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
You have a 5 lug prerunner longbed? I wasn't aware they made those

But yea, what he said^
Actually I feel like a jackass. I typed this when I just woke up. I have a 6 lug, but I only have 5 lugs on it at the moment. I got confused.

I think I'm going to get an OME 3' lift. Aside from the lift what other parts will I need so my Taco can be leveled ( I dont like that "rake" look) and aligned?

All help appreciated. No one answered that question on the other post I made.

Also thanks for the replies.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Uh, what?
Long story. Not to sound rude, but for some reason people forget to answer the question about the lift.

Other than the OME kit, what else will I need to buy? UCA's? or?

All help appreciated.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Long story. Not to sound rude, but for some reason people forget to answer the question about the lift.

Other than the OME kit, what else will I need to buy? UCA's? or?

All help appreciated.
You may need to buy one of these to help correct the infamous "Taco lean". You would have to get the UCAs only if you want it to get the alignment back into factory specs.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
You may need to buy one of these to help correct the infamous "Taco lean". You would have to get the UCAs only if you want it to get the alignment back into factory specs.
What issues can arise if I decide not to get the UCA's? What can happen if the alignment isnt in factory spec?
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Actually I feel like a jackass. I typed this when I just woke up. I have a 6 lug, but I only have 5 lugs on it at the moment. I got confused.

I think I'm going to get an OME 3' lift. Aside from the lift what other parts will I need so my Taco can be leveled ( I dont like that "rake" look) and aligned?

All help appreciated. No one answered that question on the other post I made.

Also thanks for the replies.
Ohh gotcha! lol. If you're going with the 3'' OME coils up front i'd go with a 2'' aal in the rear to level it out. You'll also need new ucas if you decide to lift that high.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:56 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
Ohh gotcha! lol. If you're going with the 3'' OME coils up front i'd go with a 2'' aal in the rear to level it out. You'll also need new ucas if you decide to lift that high.
Do you mind recommending me a brand of AAL's, and a model number if you dont mind?

Id appreciate it, and thank you for the reply.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
I was wondering if anyone could answer my question about the AAL's.

Id really appreciate it.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Do you have the TSB leaf springs (4 leaf)? If so this is the part you need
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

If you'e got the 3 leaf non TSB pack then this would be the leaf to get
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
or the single leaf from wheelers
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

Pay no attention to the 1.5 vs 2" lift thing, all trucks experience different results with AALs some get a little more some get a little less but these would be the springs you are looking for.
TSB stands for Toyota Service Bulletin correct? But what difference does that make on the lift? If I add the TSB will it make it higher or? Also the OME lift kit gives me the option of adding a top spacer. What do you think about a top spacer?