Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Not much down travel on OME setup

Old 07-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Not much down travel on OME setup

I have the OME 90000 dampers with 885 coils, the 3/4" top plate, and Light Racing UCA's. I noted how little down-travel this setup had when working on my truck a few weeks ago. This morning I was at 4WheelParts getting an alignment and they also stated that I had "almost no down-travel."

What is wrong here? Do I need dampers with more travel? When manually manipulating the suspension it almost feels like the UCA's are the problem...but it isn't like these are stock. The guy at 4WheelParts said I needed a drop-bracket.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
GEENYUSS is on a distinguished road
GEENYUSS's Tacoma Gallery
im sure the spacers dont help, but not sure what else is your problem
Old 07-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
stock we only have like 3.5-4" downtravel. every inch of lift takes away at that downtravel. therefore you use 885 coils w/ and extra 0.75" spacers, and your at what 3-3+" up front...do the math and you have nearly no downtravel. make sense?

if you want more travel w/ lift, you either do spindles (prerunner only), drop bracket like the guy said, or LT...thats all you can do.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Pull the spacer out.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
stock we only have like 3.5-4" downtravel. every inch of lift takes away at that downtravel. therefore you use 885 coils w/ and extra 0.75" spacers, and your at what 3-3+" up front...do the math and you have nearly no downtravel. make sense?

if you want more travel w/ lift, you either do spindles (prerunner only), drop bracket like the guy said, or LT...thats all you can do.
Well said, x2
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
you have about 1" of down travel, the 3/4" spacer is that the physical size or the lift it gives... if its 3/4" size then it gives about 1.5" of lift and therefore you are at about 4" of lift which would therefore mean you have no down travel left.

I had 885's with 1/2" spacer (physical size) and had about 1" of down travel... thats why I upgraded to a drop bracket lift
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post

Thank you - that makes perfect sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
you have about 1" of down travel, the 3/4" spacer is that the physical size or the lift it gives... if its 3/4" size then it gives about 1.5" of lift and therefore you are at about 4" of lift which would therefore mean you have no down travel left.

I had 885's with 1/2" spacer (physical size) and had about 1" of down travel... thats why I upgraded to a drop bracket lift
It is the 3/8" physical size that ToyTec sells with the kit. Originally I thought it was an OME part being that it was sold with the OME kit, but it is made by ToyTec.