Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stock ride height - a compilation

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Stock ride height - a compilation

Hey everyone
A few times I've seen folks wonder what height their truck started at, since they forgot to check before a lift. I was at the dealer yesterday, so grabbed bumbers off 4 trucks they had. I used a regular tape measure, from ground to fender, using the center of the hub cap to keep the measuring point as close to similar as I could. Height is in inches (I'd have preferred millimeters for more accuracy, but only had an Imperial tape measure with me)

Truck 1 and 2 were Prerunner TRD Sports. Truck 3 a Sport 4x4, and truck 4 a 4x4 (non off road or sport). All were in the lot, I assume none had the rear TSB performed.

Driver Front; Pass. Front; Driver Rear; Pass Rear

1) 34 5/8, 35, 37, 37 1/8

2) 34 3/4, 34 7/8, 36 3/4, 37

3) 34 3/4, 34 3/4, 36 5/8, 36 5/8

4) 34 1/8, 34 1/2, 37, 37

I lost my measurements, but on my truck (4x4 Sport) it was pretty similar- high 34-low 35 inches up front, I think low 37's in back. That was WITH the TSB rear leaf though.

As you can see, even the trucks themselves have a lot of variation. I think it's safe to say that IF you didn't measure your truck first, you would probably be OK with a target height in mind and just going to that, instead of worrying that you may be a few tenths of an inch off.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
What configuration were the trucks? 4 door? Ext. cab?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I think 3 were the DC SB, 1 was access cab. Can't remember which ones though! Either way, should all be the same chassis, right?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
I think 3 were the DC SB, 1 was access cab. Can't remember which ones though! Either way, should all be the same chassis, right?
The weight varies a little bit, but its enough info for people to get an idea from.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
I see someone didn't like the table format

Yeah, i realize the weight varies a bit between models, but then, it varies between prerunner and 4wd as well. I guess I should have paid more attention to that. Like you said though, it's a small sample, but a starting point.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
I see someone didn't like the table format

Yeah, i realize the weight varies a bit between models, but then, it varies between prerunner and 4wd as well. I guess I should have paid more attention to that. Like you said though, it's a small sample, but a starting point.
I added punctuation.