Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Do Kings make any noises

Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Do Kings make any noises

Will king 2.5 smooth body coilovers make any noises? Like popping, grinding, or squeeking?

Are new UCA's necessary for them at 2.5" of lift on a 4x4?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
I have no problems with mine and you can keep the stock UCAs at 2.5...but after getting the upgraded UCAs it was just a much better feel.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
I have no problems with mine and you can keep the stock UCAs at 2.5...but after getting the upgraded UCAs it was just a much better feel.
can you tell me honestly if the "feel" is worth $635 greenbacks? I mean is it still nice without them or do you think it should be mandatory for UCAs
Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
can you tell me honestly if the "feel" is worth $635 greenbacks? I mean is it still nice without them or do you think it should be mandatory for UCAs

I have Built Right UCAs and they set me back $469.

I am into it more for performance not looks. If the UCAs didn't do anything for me I would not waste my money.

I ran the same trail

Stock
Then
Added TSB
Then
King Coilever
Then UCA

So I have a pretty good comparison.

If I was just using the truck for the street and not on the trails that I go on I would likely just have the stock UCA.

The aftermarket ones give you better Articulation as well.

So to answer your question...

Yes I would pay the money for TC or Camburg if the Built Rights were not available.

Do I think they are mandatory if you have a 2.5" lift and do light trails...No