Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Dakar Leaf Springs

Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
OME Dakar Leaf Springs

So i ordered the ultimate lift kit, with the ome Dakar leaf pack. Looking for some input from anyone running these.........
they are on back order right now, everything else came within 2 days........ I am alittle worried because i was on ttora and there is a thread on some issues one guy is having, OME Dakar Leaf Springs
maybe the reason they are on back order is to fix the issue... anyone running these care to post your opinion on your experience with these.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
you have a 2nd gen vs that 1st gen so I honestly doubt that the same problem would be carried over. They sound like a great leaf pack I will probably end up getting one eventually.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that same person posted here about this.
Basically, his first overload spring on the passenger side was installed upside down.
Sounds like they got a new person assembling them. Stuff happens; I wouldn't let it keep me from buying those springs.
I'm actually waiting on a replacement spring from OME. I received one that had a defect/damage to one of the clamps. Sent them a picture, new spring on the way; it was that easy. +1 for OME
Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
when you do install the leaf pack, they will come with bushings already installed in the front. Either pull them and grease them or replace them with toyota bushing with a little bit of grease before you put them on the truck. My bushings have one hell of a squeak.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Dakars....may get the add a leaf now that my truck is getting pretty heavy. but all in all, they are great
Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
So i ordered the ultimate lift kit, with the ome Dakar leaf pack. Looking for some input from anyone running these.........
they are on back order right now, everything else came within 2 days........ I am alittle worried because i was on ttora and there is a thread on some issues one guy is having, OME Dakar Leaf Springs
maybe the reason they are on back order is to fix the issue... anyone running these care to post your opinion on your experience with these.
May I suggest the ExpeditionPortal.com? If you have never been there you may notice that they are definitely more up to speed on your setup.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
when you do install the leaf pack, they will come with bushings already installed in the front. Either pull them and grease them or replace them with toyota bushing with a little bit of grease before you put them on the truck. My bushings have one hell of a squeak.
I've heard this can be a problem...
Did you happen to notice how much rust was inside the sleeve/bushing? I used a 12 gauge brush chucked up in a drill to clean it out.
The sleeves also has, what seems to be, stake marks from installation into the eyelet; does anyone know if this is normal on a stock spring or might be a source for squeaks?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
I've heard this can be a problem...
Did you happen to notice how much rust was inside the sleeve/bushing? I used a 12 gauge brush chucked up in a drill to clean it out.
The sleeves also has, what seems to be, stake marks from installation into the eyelet; does anyone know if this is normal on a stock spring or might be a source for squeaks?
Not a clue I'm between homes at the moment so I haven't got a chance to pull them off. The stake marks are normal i think its so the sleeve bits when the bolts are torqued to keep them from spinning.
No I'm not homeless I'm mooching of the gf till I can find a house to buy.