1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Dakar Leaf Springs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 907taco, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Jul 11, 2010 at 10:39 PM
    907taco

907taco [OP] Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    So i ordered the ultimate lift kit, with the ome Dakar leaf pack. Looking for some input from anyone running these.........
    they are on back order right now, everything else came within 2 days........ I am alittle worried because i was on ttora and there is a thread on some issues one guy is having,
    maybe the reason they are on back order is to fix the issue... anyone running these care to post your opinion on your experience with these.

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    you have a 2nd gen vs that 1st gen so I honestly doubt that the same problem would be carried over. They sound like a great leaf pack I will probably end up getting one eventually.

3. Jul 12, 2010 at 4:37 AM
    splitbolt

splitbolt Voodoo Witch Doctor

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OFFROAD DCSB MGM
    I believe that same person posted here about this.
    Basically, his first overload spring on the passenger side was installed upside down.
    Sounds like they got a new person assembling them. Stuff happens; I wouldn't let it keep me from buying those springs.
    I'm actually waiting on a replacement spring from OME. I received one that had a defect/damage to one of the clamps. Sent them a picture, new spring on the way; it was that easy. +1 for OME

4. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    when you do install the leaf pack, they will come with bushings already installed in the front. Either pull them and grease them or replace them with toyota bushing with a little bit of grease before you put them on the truck. My bushings have one hell of a squeak.

5. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    barlowrs

barlowrs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    Build Thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/builds/74926-barlowrs-06-taco-expo-build-thread.html OME Lift, FJ SE Wheels, 255/85 KM2, Allpro Plate Bumper, 8K Winch, Synthetic Line, Yaesu FT-8800R, Custom Sliders Sockmonkey bedside decals, BHLM, base model grille, TRD offroad (black) trim
    Love my Dakars....may get the add a leaf now that my truck is getting pretty heavy. but all in all, they are great

6. Jul 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    misterquad

misterquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Shawnee, KS
    May I suggest the ExpeditionPortal.com? If you have never been there you may notice that they are definitely more up to speed on your setup.

7. Jul 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM
    splitbolt

splitbolt Voodoo Witch Doctor

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OFFROAD DCSB MGM
    I've heard this can be a problem...
    Did you happen to notice how much rust was inside the sleeve/bushing? I used a 12 gauge brush chucked up in a drill to clean it out.
    The sleeves also has, what seems to be, stake marks from installation into the eyelet; does anyone know if this is normal on a stock spring or might be a source for squeaks?

jimbo808 likes this.
  8. Jul 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    Not a clue I'm between homes at the moment so I haven't got a chance to pull them off. The stake marks are normal i think its so the sleeve bits when the bolts are torqued to keep them from spinning.
    No I'm not homeless I'm mooching of the gf till I can find a house to buy.

9. Jul 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM
    907taco

907taco [OP] Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    thanks for all the replys, cannot wait till they get here...............!

Products Discussed in

To Top