Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Mounting the RR on King Coilovers

Old 07-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Mounting the RR on King Coilovers

I searched and serached and nothing.

Apparently the King coilovers don't come with mounting hardware. So question is:

What kind of hardward do I need?
Where and how do I mount them? Anybody have pictures?
Do I need to get these puppies charged after installing or do they come charged?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post

Apparently the King coilovers don't come with mounting hardware. So question is:

Do I need to get these puppies charged after installing or do they come charged?
Buy some resi mounts from SDHQ the weld on kind are the easiest. THey are $4 a pair. Order 2 pairs and tac them to the frame and you are set

http://www.superduty-hq.com/weldonreservoirmounts.aspx
Old 07-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Then you hose clamp the resi to the mount once on the frame. If the shocks are new they should be charged already. I can take some pics tonight
Old 07-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #4
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
What are my options if I don't want to weld something to my frame....i.e. for removal and selling later.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What are my options if I don't want to weld something to my frame....i.e. for removal and selling later.
THey are tac welded to the frame more or less you could bust them off with a hammer later if you wanted to. and someone wouldn't even know the holders were there or you just leave them and they think they were supposed to be there. They are really small.

As for other options I personally don't know of any bolt on holders that you are able to buy. You might be able to have All Pro sell you the ones that come with their fox shox but its going to cost you and I'm not sure if they even stock those of if they come straight from Fox.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I owuld have them checked to see if they are charged. I got my fox's in and they were at 85 and 120...both should be at 200psi
Old 07-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:

I installed the kings on Cameron Lanes and his came with brackets to hold the resis. They utilized stock hardware. The rear left was a pain in the ass to install.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I owuld have them checked to see if they are charged. I got my fox's in and they were at 85 and 120...both should be at 200psi
Kings need to be at 150PSI At least that what mine say
Old 07-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
How do I check them?